Mutiple Items, Need Advice

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Bait, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Bait

Bait New Member

I'm looking for a new plate Carrier, GBB pistol, and face protection. The plate carrier cannot be over $160 including pouches. Pistol must be $100-120, and 2 extras mags not included with the $100-120. Face Protection can be $80-95.

Things to know, I play CQB so a full face mask is needed or something to cover all my face. I currently have a WE 1911 with 3 mags and will be selling it to get the new GBB. The FPS of the new pistol has to be under 330 (CQB legal). My old plate carrier is just done. The new one should be tan.

Things I like :)

-Glock

-1911 (needs to have large magazine capacity)

-M9

-Face masks that are not paintball, maybe mesh?

-Good quality

-M4 pouches, Admin, dump or any other pouches that will work well together

Thanks in advance!

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Getting a nice plate carrier for $160 isn't terribly hard, but getting one with a full pouch set can be a bit of a struggle. You haven't given us much in the way of criteria, but right off the bat, FLYYE's EPC sounds like a good option for you. It comes with a pouch set and it's even on a Christmas sale right now:

http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?products_id=4232

Throw in a dump pouch to run on your belt:

http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_80_98&products_id=770

And a hydration carrier:

http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_93&products_id=1036

And you're right about there. Not a bad deal for a great vest and very useful pouch arrangement.

3. Tornado-Airsoft

Tornado-Airsoft New Member

4. Knief

Ann Arbor
    TM's old M9 series, which includes the Tac Master, sucks. They're plasticy, toy like, and fragile. The M9 is the last pistol that TM has updated, and while they have a new M9A1 model out that should be solid, their older M9s are still flat out bad. Don't get the TM Tac Master, you'll regret it greatly.

5. Tornado-Airsoft

For a face mask I suggest arena flack jacks and a lower mesh face mask.

6. Bait

Bait New Member

Can you link it please? Thanks!

7. Bait

Bait New Member

Are KJW glocks worth looking at? I have heard that they break easily.

8. Knief

Ann Arbor
  9. Bait

Bait New Member

Where is this shipping from and I might get this if there is a huge difference in quality. I like KJW because you can buy half parts In case something brakes.

10. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Hong Kong. I would expect shipping to cost somewhere around $20-$30 on top of the price. The step up in quality is huge. KSC's glocks are the best on the market. You're right that they don't have great aftermarket support, so the gun you're getting is the gun you're stuck with. That said, my KSC glock 19 lasted for an easy three years of heavy use before I sold it. They're tanks.

11. Bait

Bait New Member

I probably will get it. Two last questions, will the FPS be under 330? And how long will it take to get to the east coast?

12. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Yes and when I order from UNC, it takes less than a week to get to me in Michigan. Usually, it's 4-5 days. It could be longer if customs pulls your package for a random inspection, but the odds of that are relatively low. UNC will paint the front of the slide orange and putty over the trademarks for you for safe passage through customs.

13. Bait

Bait New Member

To fix that what do I do? Just use black spray paint and what for the putty?

14. Bait

Bait New Member

Will green gas break it? It doesn't say go use it on the site I'm looking at.

15. Knief

Ann Arbor
    For the paint, you can often times scrape it off with your fingernail. If that's not the case, then either isopropyl alcohol or acetone will remove it cleanly. As for the putty, UNC uses this awesome stuff that's like liquid electrical tape. It hardens up and sticks to the slide like crazy...that is, until you get one tiny corner up. Then the whole thing peels off like nothing. It passes customs well and the trades are fully recoverable.

Green Gas is just fine. I'd use propane, though. It's the exact same thing as green gas but you can get it cheaper and easier. Just grab a propane adaptor to go with it.

16. Tornado-Airsoft

I don't have a link because I am on mobile. You can probably find them on ASGI and Evike if you can't. Google Arena Flakjacks and on a separate search type Mesh lower face mask.

17. Bait

Bait New Member

Did you use propane and green gas? I have to use green gas due to my field's rules. Thanks a lot!

18. Tornado-Airsoft

Yea then just use Green Gas. Knief was just saying that Propane is easier to come by and cheaper.

19. Knief

Ann Arbor
    I used green gas when I had my KSC glock, but that was before we knew that green gas was propane. If your field really doesn't allow propane (which is ridiculous because it's been proven beyond a doubt that what comes in a can of "green gas" is just propane), then using green gas is just fine. The two are literally identical. It's the exact same chemical compound and the performance is the same. It doesn't matter to the gun which you use. It shouldn't matter to your field either, but some fields are run by people with no understanding of things like basic logic.

20. Bait

Bait New Member

Thanks everyone! And he makes us use green gas because of the smell. The arena is all indoor and green gas senses better to him.