My Custom Made Woodland Ghillie Suit!

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by KoVNinjaX3RO, Nov 8, 2012.

1. KoVNinjaX3RO

KoVNinjaX3RO New Member

Houston
    This is my custom made woodland camo ghillie suit. I made this out of burlap. It took me about 4 months to complete between all the stringing of the burlap, the gluing of the net, and then tieing all the burlap to the net. It was a long and boredom process but i cant be happier with what i accomplished. Ive been thinking of starting a "business" and making these for people who wouldnt want to pay 300$-500$ for a pro ghillie suit, all in all i probs spent around 40$ making this suit and it turned out to be alot better than most that you can find around. I made it the exact same way the military does, except i didnt use jute, i liked the style of the burlap, even though the military uses some of both, but besideds that its all good, the brown patches in the front are canvas, and theyre there to prevent the jacket and pants from getting torn up while crawling and stuff, and the hood was made from the jackets hood, the jacket i used is an Army Winter BDU, and then just regular bdu pants. Let me know if you like it and feel free to leave any pics of your ghillie suits or any comments!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  2. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Wow, very nice.
    Two thumbs up man.

I've thought about making my own before too, might have to consider doing it sometime. I know of a lot of good guides over on Airsoft Sniper Forum, might have to check them out.

3. KoVNinjaX3RO

KoVNinjaX3RO New Member

Houston
    thank you and for your surprise, you wont even need a guide, gluing the net is quite simple, and for the patter, i just followed the same pattern as the camo on the jacket and pants, i went from left to right, and from bottom to top, and if on the net "slot" it was brown, i would put brown burlap, if green, then green burlap, and so on, and that just makes it 10x easier on your life lol

4. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Awesome man, thanks for the tips.

Maybe I should make a winter one sometime too, seeing as up here in Canada we have two seasons, winter and summer..... way to much snow already!!!

I could use more winter projects, lol.

5. llvllaRk13

llvllaRk13 New Member

Looks good. Throw some of the natural vegetation on it and know one will even notice!

6. wolf00

wolf00 New Member

That is a masterpeice... You are a true artist......

7. glenlovesm4

glenlovesm4 New Member

Knoxville
    Guys, just remember ghuille suits are made for specific environments. Mine looks different than my cousins in south Texas.

8. KoVNinjaX3RO

KoVNinjaX3RO New Member

Houston
    for a winter one, i wouldnt use burlap, the reason is because snow is so smooth that if you have all these prickly, grassy things laying by a smooth "blanket" of snow, itll be a dead give away, i would actually just use white cotton or polyester strips (preferably polyester), torn between 1-2in in width and as long as you want them to, and use that, and that way its a bit smoother and when youre laying by snow that has bee tracked or shaken, it still sorta blends in, the best example of what im talking about is if you seen the movie "shooter" with mark wahlberg, the last scene where he is sniping in the snowy mountains, go to that seen (youtube, or movie) and look at his ghillie suit, best example and honestly if you search those "winter ghillie suits" for the armed forces, thats what they use too, not the burlap style, but its all up to you, and NEVER use black, even if you see on suits, never use it

9. KoVNinjaX3RO

KoVNinjaX3RO New Member

Houston
    true i made this one like this for hunting and airsoft, and i ususally do both in a dense, and forested area, im about to make another one specifically for open fields with alot of hay, so im just gonna go with desert tan colors

10. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Ya, Shooter is one of my all time favorite sniping movies. And that snow scene is basically what I would have used for my inspiration.

I should do a Bob Lee Swagger impersonation, lol. I mean, I already own a M24 and my buddy has the M200, lol.

11. KoVNinjaX3RO

KoVNinjaX3RO New Member

Houston
    you should def do it, and then send me pics of it lol

12. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    I just might....

WOOO, more winter project plans.

13. KoVNinjaX3RO

KoVNinjaX3RO New Member

Houston
    haha im about to start my desert tan ghillie too!

14. Qui-Gon

Qui-Gon Active Member

Leiden
    Looks very good, but the pictures are a bit potato quality. Can you post better pics?