My Experience with Mutinous Creations

Discussion in 'Airsoft Images & Video' started by iTunesTomato, Nov 22, 2012.

1. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    I decided to use Mutinous creations for a few of their services and figured I'd post a bit of a review/log that I'll be updating as things happen in the process. So far I'm talking to Bri and she's designing the logo for the team I'm on. I sent her all sorts of images and craziness about how the design would look, she took it all in and essentially said cool I'll start working. Now their email has been a bit hectic and I heard they lost the organization system for it so they were really backed up. Personally, it did take a while for me to get a response, and I had to send a secondary email confirming that they had gotten my first email, but once the process started it went quite smoothly. Now their email situation should be cleared up in the upcoming months, but right now everything for them is quite hectic, they are a small company who gained a large reputation quickly and they suddenly had customer volume larger than they could handle so I understand.
    I also just ordered a custom name tape off their website, which was a bit odd because when I clicked order it took me to a paypal page that was in an Asian language.. But I payed, and now I await the name tape.

That's all I have for today, updates to come!
    :)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  2. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    I've used Mutinous a few times before they were well known.
    Out group's patch was made by them. They look amazing, feel amazing, and stick quite well. DON'T LET THEM GET WET! They practically fall apart :-/ It's because of the glue she uses, and I don't think she has yet to swap to a better product
    They're engraving is pretty awesome as well. Friend of mine won a training knife not long ago. He typically runs around the field with a knife. When he got this one, he basically mounted it and hasn't once fielded it.

In terms of the email situation, you've gotta remember Bri is a young adult like most of us. She says "we" and "us", but really it's 99% her, the whole shabam. On top of that, I believe she's also a student. So when ordering/contacting you have to keep that in mind.

But in short, she does great work.

[​IMG]

3. MutinyBri

MutinyBri New Member

Victorville
    Hey guys I dunno who you are real life so this order is still basically anonymous and I still can't give you any special treatment. ;)

Just wanted to say if you are waiting for a reply from me and it's been longer then 24 hours be sure to send a reminder email. I am generally corresponding with 10-20 people a day, at least, and every once in a while I open an email and forgot to come back and respond to it. I am working on a new organizational system that will help with this but for the time being it's necessary.

Also the adhesion problem with the glue was unexpected. Patch designs, made out of PVC, are heat pressed directly onto fabric and this is incredibly durable. The problem was with the glue attaching this fabric to Velcro. We were told by the glue manufactures it would be durable, and we did long-term testing three months before we started selling patches to assure the glue would be durable. But apparently in certain climates it was not durable. However, these patches can be fixed with super glue if they start to come apart and we have since switched to a new glue.

This was product testing with the new glue. That's a ten pound weight. It holds up pretty great! (not sure if the pic will work)

[​IMG]

Bri

4. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    Got my name tape today!
    Shipped in a simple letter envelope, which is why shipping was just $0.30
    Was as expected, lines appeared to have been cut hastily but not a big deal, I may brush up the edges, we'll see
    [​IMG]
    The angle of the shot really accentuates the cut, it looks a lot straighter when just looking at it and really is barely noticeable

5. MutinyBri

MutinyBri New Member

Victorville
    Ya that was a bit rough because I normally have a guideline to cut it out with but stupid me I messed up and "weeded" it out before pressing it ><

6. MutinyBri

MutinyBri New Member

Victorville
  7. rblevinski

rblevinski New Member Supporting Member

Philadelphia
    Wow, they look nice. If my current arrangement for patches doesn't work out, my team will probably order from here.

8. MutinyBri

MutinyBri New Member

Victorville
    And if you want me to replace the patch for free with straighter cut lines I wouldn't mind! Just send me a PM.

9. Chiba_Kanzaki

Chiba_Kanzaki New Member

I purchased some custom patches with them in Nov/Dec and got them in Jan (The delay was due to postal services and Bri's health - hope you feel better).

My friends and I love the patches. Thanks Bri!