My GBB Collection, my journey back into airsoft

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by greggogrecco, Nov 15, 2017.

1. greggogrecco

greggogrecco New Member

Columbia
    Hello!

Just figured I'd introduce myself, my name is Greg and I used to paintball and backyard airsoft with friends in high school 6-8 years ago. We always wanted to ball in the backyard but CO2 was a good 30 minute drive from us so we picked up cheap AEGs and had some fun. Unfortunately their unreliability for the price we paid plus our young not knowing proper care, they never seemed to last. College hit and we stopped playing but I always wanted to get back into it just not liked the idea of going through all those AEG troubles I once had.

After seeing the world of GBB I immediately fell back in love, the weights, the realism of the blowback action, I begun a little collection just to mess with in the backyard and now I have gotten two decent loadouts for my girlfriend and I to hit up some open plays at a nearby field!

I scoured eBay and other shops for some deals thinking it was just a hobby and collection and wouldnt get insane amounts of use.

I loved the look of the M40A5 and I've always wanted a bolt action sniper so the ASG M40A5 was the first GBB Rifle I bought, amazing out of the box and it came with an extra mag, bipod and a non-orange flash hider. I added a way too big scope and dialed it in.

I then realized I needed a pistol and having been a huge Rainbow Six Vegas fan, I wanted to find a full auto glock like I had in the game, after some time I came across the WE Tech G18C for a steal on eBay and picked that up along with a couple extended mags.

I figured I was done until a KSC M1A1 showed up across my feed and it needed a little TLC, remembering back when I got lit up by a clip of one of these made me laugh and I figured for the price I could fix it. All she needed was a mag rebuild and a new wire stock so the buttplate could lock and she was good as new! Fires just as fast as I remembered.

By now I figured I was getting in too deep and felt I would have to start playing playing with these, I began a search for my favorite SMG to date, the Kriss Vector. I managed to find one in pretty good condition for below MSRP, the threads were stripped and I managed to find a replacement overseas and it came with 2 long and 1 short mags. 1 mag needed a new charging nozzle and I managed to find a OE outer barrel overseas.
    I didnt do my research with this gun however, being that parts are very, very hard to come by and I am sort of paying the price for that now but it fires and nothing is broken (knock on wood). I did the dumb thing of getting a powerup barrel extension without researching the damage they can cause and after 1 clip I noticed my barrel was notched and I immediately removed it. I decided to do the LM4 extended barrel mod to replace the barrel inside the mock silencer and picked up a RA Tech Vector replacement barrel and hop up. My only issue is that I want a second outer barrel and hop up clamp so swapping barrels can just be done with the work of 1 screw and not disassembling everything each time.

I figured my GF and I could swap roles back and forth or provide cover for the other so I knew I had to get her a side arm as well. She mentioned she loved the look of the Beretta and I immediately knew which one we should get, the KWA M93R II. I picked up this one on a whim and the one mag needed rebuilding as well as the air nozzle was cracked (actually broke in half after about 6 mags) and currently waiting for the replacement pieces to arrive.

I am big into Glocks, but real and GBB. I know now that we have two full loadouts but if everything arrives smoothly, I also got us a WE Tech G26C for fun! Im hoping down the line just as a collection standpoint to one day pick up more GBBs in the future, I've always loved the P90, MP5, MP7, UMP, SCAR and M14s. But for now Ill stick to what I got.

Thanks for reading hope the pictures work!

IMG_5546.JPG IMG_5549.JPG IMG_5583.JPG IMG_5924.JPG IMG_6349.JPG IMG_6348.JPG IMG_6347.JPG

ma_airsoft and BOA_SP3CT3R like this.
  2. HarveySatan

HarveySatan New Member

Castro Valley
    I just got a m93r and man they are so much fun. 3 shot burst is my fave

3. greggogrecco

greggogrecco New Member

Columbia
    I enjoyed it a lot, it is big and beefy, I just am losing faith in its reliability, the air nozzle broke in half firing it, replaced the nozzle only to ruin the springs and then come to find out the inner diameter is smaller than the original now and that required a new seal (orange vs. green). I just replaced all of it and it seems to be in good shape again other than it only shoots 3 burst or Full Auto. Not exactly sure whats wrong there but id keep it on 3 shot burst anyhow and now the vector seems to be having some double feeding bolt jams.. I assumed I'd have more issues with my WE Tech G18C and G26C over KWA but theyve seem to be the most reliable consistent GBBs that I got so far!

4. greggogrecco

greggogrecco New Member

Columbia
    Small update, I sourced a steel king arms outer barrel for the Vector but still havent figured out quite the issue with it's double feeding bolt jamming.

But crown airsoft was having an 11/11/2017 sale and they had a WE G26C for 55ish bucks and I couldn't resist since I already have the G18C but wanted to see what a smaller pistol was like.

It arrived perfectly and aside from the charge nozzles being a little loose and leaky (tightening fixed it up), it shoots just as well as the 18c. Also it is compatible with every other G Series mag I own making it more versatile to share between my girlfriend and I.

Also for Black Friday they had a Sight Mark Reflex sight and FTS 3x Magnifer on sale. Ive read less than stellar reviews on some but for the price and this mainly being on an airsoft vs a real firearm (I do plan on it on a real rifle over the holiday), I didn't want to dump a ton of money into it.

Uploaded some more pics!

Enjoy!
    IMG_6401.JPG IMG_6584.JPG IMG_6585.JPG IMG_6581.JPG IMG_6582.JPG

Watchalewknat and BOA_SP3CT3R like this.
  5. BOA_SP3CT3R

BOA_SP3CT3R Moderator Staff Member Moderator Supporting Member

Bull Shoals
  6. Watchalewknat

Watchalewknat Member

Norfolk
    Loving the guns man! I just got back into Airsoft myself. This is what ive kept over the years. Trying to figure out my next gun myself. set up.jpg

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.
  7. adas1223

adas1223 Well-Known Member

stratford
    you need an APS CAM870 MKII shotgun!

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.
  8. connorhayden1999

connorhayden1999 Active Member

Is your nozzle spring broken in your vector? That’s what broke on mine and caused double feeding. Couldn’t find a replacement part so I had to sell it

9. greggogrecco

greggogrecco New Member

Columbia
    Nozzle Spring? Could you be more specific on that? Sorry Im not exactly the expert yet on it all, is that the spring thats inside the nozzle that pulls it back after firing?

10. noahburton13

noahburton13 Member

New Richmond
    Tapp airsoft is trying to make kris's vector replacement parts

greggogrecco likes this.
  11. connorhayden1999

Yes that’s exactly right

12. greggogrecco

greggogrecco New Member

Columbia
    Thanks! ill check that out! I have some spare KWA M93R II nozzle springs I wonder if those would fit.

13. connorhayden1999

Possibly. However I’d check before you tear it apart. Just pull back the charging handle while pointing the gun downward. If the nozzle goes back then that’s not the issue

14. greggogrecco

greggogrecco New Member

Columbia
    Nozzle looks good, not sure maybe the mag springs in the long mag are just too strong and needs more use? Waiting for warm weather to clear up and I can start playing/shooting and seeing if the problem still exists.

In other news, picked up a "semi-broken" WE G19 with 2 heavily used mags. Owner said the slide didnt catch, it was super used and the slide would stick but it fired a year ago.

Cleaned it up, broke it down and back together, the slide catches slightly but she shoots like a dream! Also turns out he upgraded the barrel inside so win win!

Thinking about just trying to collect all the airsoft glocks at this point! Im hooked!

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.
  15. Mr Bojenkals

Mr Bojenkals Member

Severn
    Man that Vector looks awesome...really like your loadout!
    That's what happened to me lol, I'm hooked. So far I've got a 17,18c, 22 and 26. All Tokyo Marui. Not a big fan of the 26 Advance nor the 34. Still waiting on Marui to release that damn 19, as it will probably be my favorite for sure, at least the real-steel one is. Gotta catch em-all gotta catch em-all!!

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.
  16. greggogrecco

greggogrecco New Member

Columbia
    Some more updates and pictures!

The vector hasn't had any double feeding issues to far, and I managed to pick up a spare barrel and the hop up on it seems to be an upgraded similar to the RA barrel and hop up combo I had which is great! However, no matter how I adjust the hop up the BB just curves down, any pointers would be great! I wonder if the old hop up and barrel had anything to do with it.

I did however in my search of parts, TAPP put part reproduction on hold so I contacted a buddy in the 3D print business and sent off my 1 and only OEM barrel clamp to be scanned and rebuilt so I can print off more allowing my to swap between the LM4 barrel/suppressor combo with the short barrel, I no longer have fear of breaking or losing this piece and being stuck down river without a paddle!

Solved one problem, onto another, I decided to sell the M93R II and instead picked up my second most favorite SMG, the P90. Mainly it was as a kid I took a cheap spring p90 airsoft gun and gutted and cut up a Tippmann 98 Custom and turned it into a paintball gun. I did some waiting and searching for a used WE GBB P90. I found one on eBay with 3 mags, two leaky and the nozzle was broken in two.. contacted WE Tech and they gave me the site of their parts people and I was able to repair and get some extra goodies for the glocks and the P90 works flawlessly. It is LOUD and has the hardest Kick of all the GBBs I own currently (also Full Auto is the Fast!). The P90 has a few leaks in the internal chamber, just waiting to compile another overseas order of parts to fix but the leak is minor enough to drain a mag overnight but still fires.

I think my next is to pick up a solid AEG for more playtime as GBB is expensive and has their own issues. Ive looked into the HPA Tippmann M4 and being a paintballer before using only Tippmanns it seems to be a nice solid choice but my local shop also had me researching the KWA RM4. I want that recoil! Anyhow, open play is going to be kicking up soon and so I am hoping to go once or twice at the very least and get a feel for everything.

Heres the new printed barrel clamp!
    IMG_4830.jpg IMG_4831.jpg IMG_4832.jpg

Heres the P90 in all her glory and the rest of the family!
    IMG_4080.jpg IMG_4081.jpg IMG_5353.jpg IMG_5354.jpg

And just for old times sake (photobucket is locked my photos so its a pic of a pic) but heres the old Tippmann 98 P90 I built as a kid in highschool. The mag was fully removable for that "realism" part.. She was rough but it wasnt bad for having a vice, dremel and a few files and sandpaper and rolls of duct tape to make it all come together, once the body lined up and screwed together it held up pretty solid and survived the day of play (barely).

IMG_5357.jpg IMG_5358.jpg

Thanks for perusing, if you have any suggestions for AEG I am all ears, I want to stay under the 300 mark for an AEG and need minimal to no upgrades otherwise I'd be willing to fork out the extra for the HPA Tippmann just because i have an HPA tank and remote and what not already.

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.
  17. BOA_SP3CT3R

BOA_SP3CT3R Moderator Staff Member Moderator Supporting Member

Bull Shoals
    Nice p90! Don't get a KWA unless it's an ERG, they're AEG's aren't very good. The ERG is very fun to shoot. Krytac has the Alpha line for around $250, but I don't know if it has the FPS you'd want. If you change the spring to a Guarder sp100-sp110 you'd get higher FPS, and if you put in a ZCI high torque motor you'd have better ROF, trigger response, and efficiency. G&P & VFC have the best externals out there, and they've got a few guns in your price range. The older VFC pistons and tappet plates are very weak polycarbonate, so they'd benefit from nylon ones instead. The G&P piston I've heard wears out quicker then others, and their m120 motor isn't the best(old VFC motors aren't good either). There are several other good brands out there such as Ares, ICS, JG, Cyma, Classic Army, G&G, etc.

18. greggogrecco

greggogrecco New Member

Columbia
    I might look into upgrading this DPMS M4 I had since high school, I thought it was broken but turns out the battery was just capoot. Bought a new battery and smart charger and test fired it and it shot just like I remembered. Figured I need to learn more on the AEG game anyways.

Also picked up a replica 552 Sight. Freaking love it!

IMG_5575.jpg IMG_5535.jpg

19. greggogrecco

greggogrecco New Member

Columbia
    So I ended up doing a lot of research and talked to the guys at the local shop. I decided to put the money and get a KWA VM4. Managed to get a KM4RIS rail from eBay and picked up a acog style scope along with a lot of secondhand mags for some pretty good deals. I absolutely have no regrets, love this thing and Ive never fired an airsoft gun with such great accuracy! .28s with a 11.1 lipo.

I decided to try and sell the DPMS and my Echo 1 MP5K and try and get a second VM4 for my girlfriend and friends to use that way everything can be interchangable, etc.

I really enjoy the little recoil on it and the fact I can adjust the FPS, even came with the tool needed, just nice to have something consistent that I can use and know I wont have issues with play when I get out there.
    IMG_6819.JPG
    Echo 1 MP5K: To my shock, still worked with a fresh battery!

IMG_6430.JPG Unboxing the KWA VM4

IMG_6894.JPG
    How the VM4 is sitting now, keeping it simple, getting a front grip and some rail covers

Attached Files:

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.
  20. greggogrecco

greggogrecco New Member

Columbia
    Not sure if anyone else pays attention but I managed to get out there and finally airsoft with some friends I made at the local shop before two of them went off to basic!

I used my VM4 the most, but I did spend a game with each gun minus the sniper since the Simulation Site outside Kansas city didn't have any good sniper spots. Used my G18C as a secondary and surprisingly it didnt give me any issues. I loaned out my other G19 and G26C and G26Advance but unfortunately the G19 and Advance had some gas/slide issues and the kids only got a few shots off before it wouldnt slide back far enough to load another BB.

VM4 worked flawlessly, the KWA Vector didnt give me a single double feed issue (thank the lord) but my poor HPA P90 lasted me one game and the piece that releases the hammer snapped and rendered the gun useless after 2 mags, but from what I gather, the HPA tap and setup work FLAWLESS! Got the part on order so hopefully it'll be back in action. I also realized a few things, 1 my face sweats like a pig and my thermal goggles fogged up so bad (it was a tad rainy that day) and 2, I need to figure out a new face mask type combo to not be so prone to fog and I cannot utilize my sights with the mesh mask :( I picked up another goggle with a fan inside but Im thinking it might not be enough. Any suggestions would be GREAT!!

Updates:
    I picked up a Gen 1? KWA VM4 that is pretty new for the girlfriend and friends to use should they ever join me. It's all stock, going to let her mod it how she wants.
    Added a KSC Glock 17 (broken and no mag) to the collection. (It was dirt cheap)
    Added a TM G18C EBB (electric) as well, its quite comical of a gun and honestly with a .20 it shoots like 120fps it feels like. I even shot my foot (in a shoe) and it didn't even hurt but it's my first TM to the collection so I feel satisfied.

Realized playing at that site there's lots of buildings and I could use a flashlight so I picked up a used light on eBay for the main and another for the Glock.

I decided to take a shot at the Mystery Tech box from Airsoft GI and I think I got very lucky, inside was a B&T MP5 that was broken beyond worth fixing (needs entire new exterior).
    Echo 1 RIS AK47 that works FLAWLESSLY!!
    Cyma 046 EBB AK47 that works but is missing 3 exterior pieces. If anyone knows a link to getting replacement parts for it please please please I am all ears! I really want to get it fixed up and give it to a friend as a gift.

My dad was cleaning out the basement and found my old Tippmann T400 1911 CO2 non-blowback pistol. Had some issues with BBs rolling out of the barrel but some lube on the nozzle on the mag and shes firing like I remember back in the day. I believe I got it in 2007/2008. I think its similar if not the same company that makes the WG 1911s.

Lastly, it should arrive any day now, but I picked up a used H&K Gen 1 GBB UMP45! Another favorite gun of mine from The Division. Found it with 6 mags and a silencer for it for under the cost of the gun was new so I figured give it a shot! I hear they arent very gas efficient but the Gen 1 of that model has a huge kick.

Anyhow, onto the pictures! Enjoy, love to hear some good goggle, face protection setups that let me use lower profile sights, etc.

Thanks! Happy looking!

My only picture I took at the field, using a condor? vest with the built in M4 Mag pouches and then I attached my vector/ump holders for my pistol mags.
    IMG_7821.JPG

The Glock Family
    IMG_9356.JPG

The G18C with extended mag and new light IMG_9390.JPG

The Echo1 RIS AK47 I got from the mystery box, picked up the only midcap the shop had and put on the EOTech for shits and gigs, the sight is too far away for the sight to really be used well enough, didnt had a flash hider so I threw on one of the M4 ones I had to protect the threads. Might replace the stock because that stock they put on it is LONG.
    IMG_8846.JPG

The AK47s together from the Mystery Tech Box
    IMG_5282.JPG

And last but not least, the VM4 in it's most current form. Always loved the whole sight on the carry handle look and it takes it up to make viewing with face protection better.
    Thinking of getting a PEQ Laser/Light combo for the top of the rail and move the flashlight somewhere else.
    IMG_9491.JPG

Attached Files: