My GBB Collection, my journey back into airsoft

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by greggogrecco, Nov 15, 2017.

1. greggogrecco

greggogrecco New Member

Columbia
    Hello!

Just figured I'd introduce myself, my name is Greg and I used to paintball and backyard airsoft with friends in high school 6-8 years ago. We always wanted to ball in the backyard but CO2 was a good 30 minute drive from us so we picked up cheap AEGs and had some fun. Unfortunately their unreliability for the price we paid plus our young not knowing proper care, they never seemed to last. College hit and we stopped playing but I always wanted to get back into it just not liked the idea of going through all those AEG troubles I once had.

After seeing the world of GBB I immediately fell back in love, the weights, the realism of the blowback action, I begun a little collection just to mess with in the backyard and now I have gotten two decent loadouts for my girlfriend and I to hit up some open plays at a nearby field!

I scoured eBay and other shops for some deals thinking it was just a hobby and collection and wouldnt get insane amounts of use.

I loved the look of the M40A5 and I've always wanted a bolt action sniper so the ASG M40A5 was the first GBB Rifle I bought, amazing out of the box and it came with an extra mag, bipod and a non-orange flash hider. I added a way too big scope and dialed it in.

I then realized I needed a pistol and having been a huge Rainbow Six Vegas fan, I wanted to find a full auto glock like I had in the game, after some time I came across the WE Tech G18C for a steal on eBay and picked that up along with a couple extended mags.

I figured I was done until a KSC M1A1 showed up across my feed and it needed a little TLC, remembering back when I got lit up by a clip of one of these made me laugh and I figured for the price I could fix it. All she needed was a mag rebuild and a new wire stock so the buttplate could lock and she was good as new! Fires just as fast as I remembered.

By now I figured I was getting in too deep and felt I would have to start playing playing with these, I began a search for my favorite SMG to date, the Kriss Vector. I managed to find one in pretty good condition for below MSRP, the threads were stripped and I managed to find a replacement overseas and it came with 2 long and 1 short mags. 1 mag needed a new charging nozzle and I managed to find a OE outer barrel overseas.
    I didnt do my research with this gun however, being that parts are very, very hard to come by and I am sort of paying the price for that now but it fires and nothing is broken (knock on wood). I did the dumb thing of getting a powerup barrel extension without researching the damage they can cause and after 1 clip I noticed my barrel was notched and I immediately removed it. I decided to do the LM4 extended barrel mod to replace the barrel inside the mock silencer and picked up a RA Tech Vector replacement barrel and hop up. My only issue is that I want a second outer barrel and hop up clamp so swapping barrels can just be done with the work of 1 screw and not disassembling everything each time.

I figured my GF and I could swap roles back and forth or provide cover for the other so I knew I had to get her a side arm as well. She mentioned she loved the look of the Beretta and I immediately knew which one we should get, the KWA M93R II. I picked up this one on a whim and the one mag needed rebuilding as well as the air nozzle was cracked (actually broke in half after about 6 mags) and currently waiting for the replacement pieces to arrive.

I am big into Glocks, but real and GBB. I know now that we have two full loadouts but if everything arrives smoothly, I also got us a WE Tech G26C for fun! Im hoping down the line just as a collection standpoint to one day pick up more GBBs in the future, I've always loved the P90, MP5, MP7, UMP, SCAR and M14s. But for now Ill stick to what I got.

Thanks for reading hope the pictures work!

IMG_5546.JPG IMG_5549.JPG IMG_5583.JPG IMG_5924.JPG IMG_6349.JPG IMG_6348.JPG IMG_6347.JPG

ma_airsoft and BOA_SP3CT3R like this.
  2. HarveySatan

HarveySatan New Member

Castro Valley
    I just got a m93r and man they are so much fun. 3 shot burst is my fave

3. greggogrecco

greggogrecco New Member

Columbia
    I enjoyed it a lot, it is big and beefy, I just am losing faith in its reliability, the air nozzle broke in half firing it, replaced the nozzle only to ruin the springs and then come to find out the inner diameter is smaller than the original now and that required a new seal (orange vs. green). I just replaced all of it and it seems to be in good shape again other than it only shoots 3 burst or Full Auto. Not exactly sure whats wrong there but id keep it on 3 shot burst anyhow and now the vector seems to be having some double feeding bolt jams.. I assumed I'd have more issues with my WE Tech G18C and G26C over KWA but theyve seem to be the most reliable consistent GBBs that I got so far!

4. greggogrecco

greggogrecco New Member

Columbia
    Small update, I sourced a steel king arms outer barrel for the Vector but still havent figured out quite the issue with it's double feeding bolt jamming.

But crown airsoft was having an 11/11/2017 sale and they had a WE G26C for 55ish bucks and I couldn't resist since I already have the G18C but wanted to see what a smaller pistol was like.

It arrived perfectly and aside from the charge nozzles being a little loose and leaky (tightening fixed it up), it shoots just as well as the 18c. Also it is compatible with every other G Series mag I own making it more versatile to share between my girlfriend and I.

Also for Black Friday they had a Sight Mark Reflex sight and FTS 3x Magnifer on sale. Ive read less than stellar reviews on some but for the price and this mainly being on an airsoft vs a real firearm (I do plan on it on a real rifle over the holiday), I didn't want to dump a ton of money into it.

Uploaded some more pics!

Enjoy!
    IMG_6401.JPG IMG_6584.JPG IMG_6585.JPG IMG_6581.JPG IMG_6582.JPG

Watchalewknat and BOA_SP3CT3R like this.
  5. BOA_SP3CT3R

BOA_SP3CT3R Active Member

Mountain Home
  6. Watchalewknat

Watchalewknat Member

Norfolk
    Loving the guns man! I just got back into Airsoft myself. This is what ive kept over the years. Trying to figure out my next gun myself. set up.jpg

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.
  7. adas1223

adas1223 Active Member

stratford
    you need an APS CAM870 MKII shotgun!

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.
  8. connorhayden1999

connorhayden1999 Member

Is your nozzle spring broken in your vector? That’s what broke on mine and caused double feeding. Couldn’t find a replacement part so I had to sell it

9. greggogrecco

greggogrecco New Member

Columbia
    Nozzle Spring? Could you be more specific on that? Sorry Im not exactly the expert yet on it all, is that the spring thats inside the nozzle that pulls it back after firing?

10. noahburton13

noahburton13 Member

New Richmond
    Tapp airsoft is trying to make kris's vector replacement parts

greggogrecco likes this.
  11. connorhayden1999

connorhayden1999 Member

Yes that’s exactly right

12. greggogrecco

greggogrecco New Member

Columbia
    Thanks! ill check that out! I have some spare KWA M93R II nozzle springs I wonder if those would fit.

13. connorhayden1999

connorhayden1999 Member

Possibly. However I’d check before you tear it apart. Just pull back the charging handle while pointing the gun downward. If the nozzle goes back then that’s not the issue

14. greggogrecco

greggogrecco New Member

Columbia
    Nozzle looks good, not sure maybe the mag springs in the long mag are just too strong and needs more use? Waiting for warm weather to clear up and I can start playing/shooting and seeing if the problem still exists.

In other news, picked up a "semi-broken" WE G19 with 2 heavily used mags. Owner said the slide didnt catch, it was super used and the slide would stick but it fired a year ago.

Cleaned it up, broke it down and back together, the slide catches slightly but she shoots like a dream! Also turns out he upgraded the barrel inside so win win!

Thinking about just trying to collect all the airsoft glocks at this point! Im hooked!

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.
  15. Mr Bojenkals

Mr Bojenkals New Member

Severn
    Man that Vector looks awesome...really like your loadout!
    That's what happened to me lol, I'm hooked. So far I've got a 17,18c, 22 and 26. All Tokyo Marui. Not a big fan of the 26 Advance nor the 34. Still waiting on Marui to release that damn 19, as it will probably be my favorite for sure, at least the real-steel one is. Gotta catch em-all gotta catch em-all!!

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.