my gg m4 does not shoot 350 fps

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by EPICAIRSOFT155, Nov 6, 2012.

1. EPICAIRSOFT155

EPICAIRSOFT155 New Member

east haven
    When I shoot my gt m4 it does not shoot 350 fps. It shoots just like my old 200 fps gun. I lubed it with silicone. Does any one have any suggestions

2. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

Sometimes silicone will decrease fps if you don't use it right

3. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    What did you lube with silicone? In general, you shouldn't be putting silicone in too many places in an AEG. Clean out your barrel and your hop unit for better results.

Have you actually chronoed the thing?

4. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    Could you sort of clear up what you mean? Like tell us exactly what both your guns are doing when you fire so we know exactly what's going on and from there can add suggestions.

5. EPICAIRSOFT155

east haven
    My gg m4 is shooting just like my 200 fps mp5. I think it is a bad air seal but I don't know were. I put silicone in the hop up. I need my gun for Saturday for my tournament please help

6. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Well, you aren't suppose to put silicon in the hop up it creates less friction between the bucking and bbs so less backspin, however I too am curious if you've actually chrono'd this, does it get more range than your mp5?

7. Nelson

Spokane
    Thats what I'm wondering because really all you did OP was reiterate your OP, do you mean the bbs are dropping in your g&g and fast as they are in your mp5?

8. EPICAIRSOFT155

east haven
    They get the same range and I paid 20 dollars for it when I started to playing airsoft. And I chrono it and it was 230. I think it is a bad seal but I don't know were

thanks but I fixed it. It was a bad o ring on the cylinder head. I fixed it with a nerf gun o ring lol

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2012
  9. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

So give me a straight answer. What was the range that it was shooting?

10. Nelson

Spokane
    He fixed it why do you need to know how far it was shooting?