My gun broke.

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Joshpeck, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    Hi, I have a colt licensed king arms m4 and It broke about a month ago. I was firing it and it slowly steadily stopped. I had been using this gun at games and such and noticed the trigger reaction time was a tad off. when I plug in fresh batteries it dosent fire. I belive it's the trigger contacts. I have never been in the gear box befor. Help me.

2. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    To top it all off this gun is signed by asgi bob

3. Duke

Duke New Member

I have the same gun and I believe I had the same problem. What kind of battery are you using? How many rounds have you put through it?

4. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    It sounds like the contacts to me. Have you ever taken it apart at all?

5. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    I have been using a 9.6 battery. And I will probably guess that I put 10 K to 20 K rounds through it

6. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    Try cleaning your trigger contacts. If that doesn't work, come back. :p

7. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    I have taken receiver off, that's it though. I have never been inside a gearbox though, I guess I'm not confident enough in myself. This would be a very good time to learn though. What should I do to fix this? What kind of trigger contacts should I buy to replace it? Also what new wiring should I buy to replace an wire Otto the buffer tube?

8. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    Check youtube, they have disassembly videos for everything. They are very helpful.

9. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    I have watched many videos, what sort of new parts should I buy? And can I require it to the back with the wires I have in it?

10. Duke

Duke New Member

You don't need to buy anything, just pop open the GB and clean the contacts

11. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    I'll try to do that sometime today or this week, I'll reply to the thread if something went wrong. How should I clean it?

12. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Steel wool, sandpaper, a dremel with a steel brush bit, etc. All of those would work.

13. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    I'm going to assume that it's build up of carbon on the contacts?

14. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Indeed it could be. You may have also completely ruined the contacts all together. Only way to know is to check.

15. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    So if the contacts are fubar what should I do?

16. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Buy new ones. (20 characters)

17. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
    My father used to say "We can sit here all day and play the what if game". Figure out what the problem really is first. Then worry about what to do.

18. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Buy new trigger contacts if all need be. Make sure your motor connectors are on properly. Make sure the fuse isn't blown if you have one on there.

If you installs new trigger contacts, make sure the new trigger contact dolly matches the stock King Arms one if you want to have your semi auto function.

Good luck. And we'll be here if you need any help :)

19. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    Thanks I appreciate it, I will buy new contacts and wires cuz on the gun you have to cut it to completely separate the receivers.

20. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    True, or buy some 2mm blade/bullet connectors :) or smaller lol then you can dissasemble and reassemble whenever you want without cutting the wires all the time :)