My gun sounds like grinding gears

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by andrew72700, Oct 24, 2012.

1. andrew72700

andrew72700 New Member

Also the gun doesn't shoot Wat do I fo

2. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Well I would say you have stripped gears. What gun do own?

3. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Here's an idea. Start using proper spelling and grammar. Also, you don't need 2 topics for the same issue, I've taken the liberty of deleting the other one for you.

Now, in order to help you we need information. "My gun doesn't shoot" Doesn't tell us anything besides the obvious. What is it doing wrong? What are you hearing when you try to fire? Could you make a video of you trying to use it and post it up here? We need more information, or we can't help you/

4. andrew72700

andrew72700 New Member

a matrix retractable stock m4

5. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    Ok, so it's an M4, the gears grind, and the gun doesn't shoot. I don't think you understand that we need more than that, a lot more.

Do bbs still load into the barrel with a mag in?
    Have you done anything at all to the gun?
    Tell us how you first heard the grinding noise.
    What bbs are you using and what battery?
    No such thing as too much information, tell us everything, everything, about the problem you're having.

6. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    I would say its either stripped gears, or the motor height is off. Is it a high pitched grinding? If so then your gears are stripped making it not shoot.

7. andrew72700

andrew72700 New Member

I use 20 mm bbs bought from evike and the mag and bbs still load in it first started I was at tac city i didn't do anything to it and I used it 2 times. My battery is a 1600 mah 1.2 v

8. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    1.2v?? Do they make such a thing? That wouldn't even make the motor turn if its 1.2v

9. andrew72700

andrew72700 New Member

1.2v. Nun chuck battery

10. andrew72700

andrew72700 New Member

1.2v nunchuck battery they make those since i have one

11. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    1.2v...Lulz. That's not a 1.2v it's probably a 9.6 each cell or part of the battery as a whole is 1.2v which times 8 gives you what? 9.6v.

12. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    Individual cells in a nimh battery are 1.2 volts. You add the voltage all together for each cell you have. Most likely, you have a 9.6v battery.

When I asked if the gun feeds or not, I should have been more specific. When you put your mag in, loaded up like normal, and pull the trigger on full auto for a few seconds. While pulling the trigger, make sure the gun is pointed down. If bbs roll out of the barrel, that means your piston has stripped and will need replacing. Stop pulling the trigger as soon as you see a bb fall out of the barrel. And if you don't see a bb fall out of the barrel within 2-3 seconds, stop pulling the trigger.

If no bbs fall out, then most likely, your motor height has become misaligned. There's a screw on the bottom of your pistol grip. Well, 3 actually, but we're only worried about the one in the middle. That controls how far the motor goes into, or comes out of, the gearbox. Take whatever kind of screw driver will fit into the hole, and turn the screw a very small amount. By small, I mean 1/8th to 1/4th turn. You will want to tighten the screw. After you've turned it once, plug your battery in and test the gun. If that doesn't fix it, screw it in a very small amount again, and test again. If you screw it in too much, your gun will stop working, and you could blow your fuse. If, after screwing it in, you plug the battery up, and pull the trigger and the gun does nothing, IMMEDIATELY! Let go of the trigger! You don't want to pop your fuse, as it would also need replacing. If you've gone this far, unscrew the screw on the bottom by a very small amount.

If that doesn't work, then one of your gears has stripped inside your gearbox, and you'll need to fix it. Judging by your grammar, you should take it to a professional to have them fix it. By the way, it has been mentioned before, using proper grammar is a rule on this forum. It will make your posts much easier to read, and will just help us be able to help you easier.

13. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Do exactly what Star folder says. And hopefully for you it's just motor height.

14. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

This is your second warning. Start using proper grammar, or I will ban you.

Count the cells in your battery. That will give you the actual voltage of your battery. Since it's the battery you got with the gun, it's likely an 8.4v. There is also no such thing as a 20mm BB.

15. andrew72700

andrew72700 New Member

Bro it's was 12 in the morning I was tired so sorry about grammar and ill check the bb size again

16. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    I'm positive your talking about bb weight instead of size. .20g bbs which are 6mm in size.

17. andrew72700

andrew72700 New Member

Yea I was thanks I totally forgot what it was called

18. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

95% of Airsoft guns chamber 6mm bbs, just an FYI.