My high fps sniper

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by ghillesuitsniper, Nov 12, 2012.

1. ghillesuitsniper

ghillesuitsniper New Member

My sat 10. Sniper goes. 854 but it can decline with different gram bbs. It that to much Fps

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    I told you this on your previous thread, using higher gram bbs decreases FPS but increases force on impact. Yes that is way too much FPS.

3. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I am positive your sniper rifle does not shoot 854 fps. Usually snipers tend to use .36-.44 gram bbs.

4. ghillesuitsniper

Ok so what do u suggest for a good sniper with Fps on. 575-600

5. marine121496

Ann Arbor
  6. ghillesuitsniper

Yes it does go on airsoftmegastore and go to high powerd sniper and go to page 7 and scroll down

7. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

What a site says, and what a chrono will read with .2's(general FPS testing weight) are almost always 2 completely different things. I highly doubt your sniper rifle shoots that hot without any form of upgrades. Cheese Man from Airsoft Sniper Forum get a gun to 900 FPS or so, but that was with HPA and a very high pressure and a lot of modifications. If you chrono, and video your shots, then we will believe you.

8. rblevinski

rblevinski New Member Supporting Member

Philadelphia
    I watched a chrono with the same gun stock first shot:452, second:518, Third: 612. That is the hottest it is going to get with a .2, and that's counting on it performing flawlessly almost every shot.

9. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    With gas rifles velocity does decrease slower due to how the expanding gas is released. However assuming that both bbs have "x" joules when they leave the barrel the heavier pellet will lose velocity slower maintaining a higher impact energy at increased distances. Increasing the weight of bb and decreasing the velocity does not decrease the number of joules and decreasing the weight of the bb and increasing the velocity does not increase the number of joules. I am sure Knief has written a book on this somewhere and I'm sure it's a great read.

10. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    Right, but it hits harder, the force output isn't increased but the force with the bb doesn't decrease as rapidly, I do believe that knief also wrote about that at some point. Like I said, force on IMPACT not when it leaves the barrel.

11. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    Easy answer: CO2

Second Easy Answer: This gun will most likely not be allowed on any airsoft field.