My M4 Handgun build

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by AznChimp, Aug 21, 2012.

1. AznChimp

AznChimp New Member

I'm planning to make an M4 pistol or handgun sort of thing, is it possible to make this? No stock, no handguard, and the battery space will be in a PEQ box on top of the reciever on the top rail where the carry handle should be.
    Also a shorter outer and inner barrel. And if possible, is there any M4 magazine that is shorter than the VN 20 round stanag, like a civilian 10 round AR Mag?

Attached Files:

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    You're going to need some sort of barrel, which is not shown there. Think about a minimum of 4-5 inches for you bb to build velocity and maintain any sort of accuracy. You also can't use just a rear sight for aiming. Go with a red dot of some variety instead. And nix the PEQ, it'll look ridiculous. Use a redi-mag to store your battery.

3. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    I wouldn't do it, the barrel length must be less than 50mm.

4. AznChimp

AznChimp New Member

Can't I cut he inner and outer barrel from the existing M4 barrel? And it's supposed to look silly because no one else would do it. And accuracy I'm not worried about, I'm using my Boyi M4 CQB LPEG for the project.

5. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Yeah, you can, and probably will have to cut the barrel. But the bb needs room to accelerate up to speed and get some sort of stability. If your barrel is as long as that flash hider, it's not even worth the effort.

6. AznChimp

AznChimp New Member

How long must the barrel be than?

7. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Like I said, you'll want at least 4-5 inches.

8. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Good luck getting good compression with a barrel that's nearly non-existing. I know from experience that getting optimal compression with a 110mm barrel is very difficult. The cylinder porting and everything compression related has to be on the spot to get good compression. I would recommend at least a 150mm barrel. You could put on a 200mm suppressor and use a 200mm barrel, that should give good compression and it might even look good.

9. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

I agree.

OP: you need some form of barrel at least of 150mm (like Nortech said) or it won't be worth the hassle.

10. AznChimp

AznChimp New Member

Hmm... I like the suppressor idea but I want it to be short as possible.

11. AznChimp

AznChimp New Member

Ok this time I put a suppressor and a red dot on the handgun now, sorta reminds me of a race gun now...

Attached Files:

12. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    How will you get it to stay on an lpeg? First off there won't be any threads for it to screw on. You can't exactly weld it onto plastic either.

13. AznChimp

AznChimp New Member

The Boyi M4 CQB is actually compatable with aftermarket M4 parts which is pretty tricked out for a LPEG.

14. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    my m4 pistol project:
    2 hicaps will be modded to fit LiPo's. battery contacts will be similar to p90 secondary trigger contacts.

[​IMG]

15. AznChimp

AznChimp New Member

That's really nice I like that!

16. INFANTRYPRO

INFANTRYPRO New Member

Once again with the barrel!! You need one!! Also a lipo on a CM will destroy it within the first two or three games.

17. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Maybe the body's a CM and the internals aren't... Alex knows what he's doing...

EDIT: granted, I have no idea how he's going to pull it off with the no barrel. Maybe he's going to add some sorta barrel.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  18. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Hm, wonder if it would be possible to actually hide a very thin stick type li-po inside the suppressor next to the barrel.

19. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    LoL, already tested with a DSG and short barrel. but since the mag will hold less bbs, it will be locked at semi-auto short stroked. 300 fps for cqb. already had it at 350 fps. you never seen how short a pistol barrel is? this project has been on hold for awhile. i'm working on getting my Tavor up to 400 fps, 60 rps for an up coming outdoor op. dealing with bucking leaks (the hopup was modded to be removable instead of the integrated Ares hopup). also considering modding a normal m4 outer barrel to replace the tavor long barrel so i can use a normal m4 hopup.

btw, the barrel and gearbox is being used on another test stubby...

this is the front i'm using, minus the ris and suppressor. http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_88&products_id=28507

as for G&G gearboxes, here's one with a LiPo:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OLWr_1i7M8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OLWr_1i7M8[/ame]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  20. AznChimp

AznChimp New Member

What barrel length is your M4 pistol Alex?