My New Loadout

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Thestig, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    Hello everybody!
    I am finally getting to the point where I have time (and a little cash) to build a loadout. I want to do a loadout, not an impression. I have read around here, and not found anything similar, so I figured I should make a thread.

I want to spend less than $100, preferably around $60 though, and want something that I can add to or change later, if I want. I do not play often, maybe 5 times a year (too much chairsoft).
    Now here is the kicker: I want something that I can keep very mobile in, and something that I can crawl around, and climb in, as occasionally I play at a place with a rock hillside that I can climb. I would prefer to be as free as possible. I also run a G36, so I need large mag pouches. I run a camo close to Multicam, so I was thinking CB/ Khaki, but I was wondering, would a CB, with MC pouches look good?

I was looking at a few things, all by TMC, which I heard is decent, and in my price range. I would pick one.

RRV:
    http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_121_120&products_id=2086

LBV:
    http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_121_120&products_id=1999

Belt/harness
    http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_121_122&products_id=1942
    Thank you all! :)
    Would this work with G36 mags?
    http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_121_120&products_id=2821

2. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    I suggest a belt and harness system, with AK mag pouches, all in one color, maybe Coyote or Khaki. They work with most all camouflages.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012

3. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    I'd get CB with multicam since its bass color is darker.

G36 mags will fit in AK pouches, or G36 pouches (obviously).

TMC isn't great, but it's good enough for 5 times a year...

4. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    TMC is the bare minimum you should get, really. Additionally, I think Khaki looks better than Coyote Brown.

5. Thestig

I will post up pictures of the color Camo I will be matching to in about 20 min. it is the same colors as Multicam, but different pattern.

Also, at least I knew not to post up Condor/ OE Tech. I just can't afford Flyye/ Pantac right now.

6. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    TMC is alright. It's better than Condor...

I think either Khaki or CB would look good with multicam...

7. Grin

Irvine
    Multicam (and with it other patterns with the same colour) is much lighter than many think it is. Khaki will probaby go great with it, but be sure to upload a picture.

8. Thestig

I am going to upload better pictures tomorrow, but for now, iPod cameras must suffice. (My camera is dead)

To help with color distinction, there is a white piece of paper, and an OD patch to show color. Like I said, better pics tomorrow.

Attached Files:

9. Grin

Irvine
    Is that british MTP?

10. Thestig

Yes, it is. And it was hard to get.

11. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    You want khaki with MC. Trust me on this.

Here's the thing, the price difference between a TMC RRV and a FLYYE RRV is $25. That's almost nothing. That's a lawn mowing job. That's flex on a birthday present from Grandma. It's not having McDonalds a couple times next month. If you want a vest that you're going to use for the next couple of years, are you really going to buy something significantly worse because it saves you the cost of a couple movie tickets? Just get the FLYYE RRV and thank me later:

http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_51_96&products_id=712

12. Thestig

I will try to fit that in my budget now I guess. How much will that cost in shipping?

13. Knief

Ann Arbor
    I don't know, you should go through check out and get a quote. But it'll be the same for either vest.

14. Thestig

Ok. And I assume it is very adjustable? I am 5' 10", but extremely skinny. (Gotta love being a runner)

15. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Yeah, you can tighten it way down. It'll fit no problem.

16. Thestig

Ok! And now on to the second part of the question. For the pouches, do I want Khaki, or MC? I have seen both, and can't decide...

17. Grin

Irvine
    Keep it khaki so you can use them for more loadouts than just this one.

18. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Like Grin said, go with khaki. Eventually you'll want a second set of camo and you won't want to buy all new pouches to match. Plus, MC pouches on a khaki vest looks a little ridiculous.

19. Thestig

Ok, that puts me back at base 1, because I have only looked at MC pouches. ShooterCG have any good pouches?

20. Knief

Ann Arbor
    No man, none at all

In general, if a retailer carries a full line of FLYYE vests, then they likely carry a full line of FLYYE pouches. You've just got to spend a couple minutes navigating the site to find them.