My new sniper

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by ianagos, Nov 30, 2012.

1. ianagos

ianagos New Member

Atlanta
    Ok I want vfc scar ssr but somebody told me its not that great to upgrade I want to make a dmr or I would like to upgrade my one m700p I have a hpa rig but I still can't find a barrel for a good price so if anybody could help me with that it would be excellent I also have a bravo Pdw/rdw I'm wanting to sell has less than 500 rounds shot I just can't do cqb

2. Foshizl

Foshizl New Member

St. Louis
    Your best bet would be, if you want to do some serious sniping, to upgrade the MP700, if you can.
    The thing about being a sniper is you can't just throw a scope on a bolt-action and say you are a sniper, no, you have to put considerable money, time, and effort into these things. New barrels, tuned hopups (first and foremost), and a whole variety of other gadgets and doohickies I haven't the slightest clue of! Get TYSONtheSNIPER in here, he can help you more than I can!

3. soviet

soviet New Member

FYI, DMR is an AEG not a sniper, but Tyson will help.

4. Foshizl

Foshizl New Member

St. Louis
    Fair enough. I stand corrected!

5. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
    FYI, a Sniper is a person.

6. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Oh wow, my time to shine I guess...

I'm more of a spring powered person, but I may be able to help you out with the M700.

As for that VFC SCAR, I though Protection owned one of those specific models... I may be wrong, but send him a message if you feel you need information on it.

Now, as stated before, most sniper rifle require a good chunk of change to make them perform the way you want them too. Seeing as your M700 is a gas rifle you will suffer from some consistency issues. That can be solved 100% with an HPA rig of some sort. That means you'll have to carry around an air tank/air line though. If that's not an issue, then try to find a good guide and you'll be happy with that outcome.

But that's not all you'll need to make it a solid performer. You'll probably want a quality inner barrel of some sort (now I say quality, because you could buy a cheap 6.03 barrel, but be outperformed by a guy with a quality 6.08) and tune/upgrade the hopup unit/bucking.

You should look into things like the R/ER-hop and the LRB mod. Both will do wonders for range/accuaracy. While your at it, put in some barrel spacers to reduce any possible barrel wobble. Although gas guns don't suffer from vibrations as bad as spring or electric guns, it will still help out some.

I'm sure I'm missing some stuff, but again my experience is with spring powered sniper rifles such as the VSR-10 or APS2 model rifles.

7. ianagos

ianagos New Member

Atlanta
    Ok I'm looking into a ir hop and well I have a cheap stainless steel 6.01 that I got from a freind and a ka bucking also already has a polar-star spring for the gas hammer or whatever. I also just bought a regulator for hpa I have all the hoses and stuff because used to play paintball so what Barrel do you recommend under $100 shipped and lastly sorry for the grammar I'm at lunch on my iPhone

8. ianagos

ianagos New Member

Atlanta
    Also one more thing what does dmr stand for I always thought of dmrs as high powered semi aegs and I thing the vfc dmr project will cost way too much just $500 into he base gun
    So anymore parts suggestions besides hpa barrel and r hop

9. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Don't use 6.01, 6.03 tightest.
    Prometheus 6.03 barrel.

DMR = designated marksman rifle.....

ER-hop

10. ianagos

ianagos New Member

Atlanta
    Ok I haven't seen any Prometheus barrels for the m700 so how would I make a aeg barrel fit and I don't want it sticking out the outer barrel

11. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

You'd need to modify them. That's why I'm just getting an Angel Custom 6.01 barrel even though a bit wider would be better.

12. ianagos

ianagos New Member

Atlanta
    I believe that's the brand barrel I have my friend gave it to me but I haven't installed it yet waiting to find out where to buy a ir hop the only thing about it is people say it sucks it looks pretty good to née but I've never seen a steel barrel I'm new to air soft sorta

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  13. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    No, just no.
    1. Prommy isn't cheap.
    2. Prommy does make 6.01 barrel.

14. ianagos

ianagos New Member

Atlanta
    I was referring to angel custom sorry

15. Foshizl

Foshizl New Member

St. Louis
    I would heavily discourage a 6.01 barrel, it's WAY too tight to do you any good, except jam up on you all the time. 6.03's are the best in my opinion. Definitely go Prommy too.

16. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

You have to modify anything but Falcon, EdGI, and Angel Custom barrels.

17. ianagos

ianagos New Member

Atlanta
    Are falcon barrels any good and where do I get them

18. kloit

kloit New Member

Greensboro
    Try your Angel Custom first before buying a barrel....and who says it sucks? I thought the same before I got mine, but the performance despite the price and mixed rumors clearly outperformed my expectations. For $45, the SS angel custom is a trifecta, improving durability, fps and (greatly) consistency. I will probably have my exact numerical measurements posted this weekend. And no...unless you're picking a bb off the ground that has visible dirt specks on the surface, you won't get any jams with a good 6.01. I have had 0.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  19. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

That is a real answer, based off of actual experience. Thank you.

20. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Problem with 6.01 isn't jamming, it's the fact that's proven by physics and tests that they are not better than 6.03 in performance.