My shots arc up from my sniper rifle.

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Comrade_Communism, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Comrade_Communism

Comrade_Communism New Member

DFW
    I'm shooting a stock AGM L96. When I fire I can see the BB arc upwards after my shots. Is it the BBs themselves? I'm using .2g King Arms BBs.

2. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    Use heavier BBs. .28g or higher depending on the FPS.

3. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

Use heavier BBs, like .30's. Also, make sure your hop up isn't turned all the way up. That might have something to do with it. :D

4. LegacyAirsoft

LegacyAirsoft You can say I tech a little...

Massachusetts
    Yes I would definitely say use heavier bbs as .2 are way too light for that gun. I would recommend .28 or .3 depending on your fps. Also once you get heavier bbs adjust your hopup to maximize your range

Edit: sniped

5. Comrade_Communism

DFW
    My hop-up is on "Normal". (off)

6. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Use some heavy bb's problem solved!

7. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    Unless your bucking is torn then they should not curve upwards if your hop-up is off. Try turning the opposite way so make sure you do not have it backwards. I would also suggest using heavier bbs like .30s and up for any sniper rifle above 450 Fps.

8. Comrade_Communism

DFW
    It's barely a week old gun, nothing should be broken.

Though, what is "bucking"?

9. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    I is the part of the Hop-up that touch the bb as its shot and gives it back-spin and makes it "arc up".

10. Comrade_Communism

DFW
    Oh, okay. Thank you. When I get back from the holiday season i'll get some heavier BBs. On the subject, I hear a lot of talk about BB quality. Is King Arms a decent brand?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  11. Rifled-n-Ready

Rifled-n-Ready New Member

Duluth
    They just fine quality, just too light for your needs.

12. Sniper6299

Sniper6299 New Member

You need to use bigger BBs.

13. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    [​IMG]

Listen, kid, I've seen you post a bunch of nonsense multiple times. Don't post things you don't actually know about. Because then the rest of us just have to clean up after you.

14. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    IMO you should use .25s at the minimum for just about any AEG you are playing outdoors with.
    For your sniper - .28s at a minimum and go up from there.

King arms is a good BB brand. For the most part the only BB brand you should avoid is crossman.

15. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    Woah, 703 still posts? And I saw sparky posting yesterday..
    Woah.

16. Comrade_Communism

DFW
    Thanks for the info. Guess I have to buy new BBs now.

17. Sniper6299

Sniper6299 New Member

Alright first if you look at everybody else's posts you can see they all say what I said. Second I actually snipe. Whereas you from the look of your name probably don't.

18. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    No. Just NO! If you use bigger BBs, they're not going to fit in the barrel. Okay?

Bro, your advice is bad, and you should feel bad. I wouldn't have guessed judging by your name. :sarcasm: Just go read some more. You have a lot of learn. Also, what is this sniper rifle you use? Lemme guess, it's some unupgraded springer with 50 inches of range?

19. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    No, sniper6299 is legit. You can tell by his name. He's a sniper.

Look at his likes, he is clearly correct.

20. LegacyAirsoft

LegacyAirsoft You can say I tech a little...

Massachusetts
    NOONE said what you said... There is a HUGE difference in heavier bbs than bigger bbs. Not only are the words themselves different but bb weight is measured in grams, using a HEAVIER bb means going from .2g (what the OP said he was using) to something like a .28 or .30g however they are still the same size (6mm diameter). Not only would a bigger bb not fit in your mag, or your hopup, or your barrel. But if you somehow managed to wedge it in you would break pieces in your gun. Please read through more threads before you post nonsense and misinform people.

Plus the fact you said use a bigger bb means you don't snipe at all. To "snipe" means you know how to tech your rifle since I have yet to see a stock sniper outrage most aeg rifles (both properly tuned of course) and you also need to have some good accessories (nice bipod and scope would help) to aid in consistent shot accuracy. Respond to this with your current build and setup to prove me wrong.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013