My team keeps breaking from the plan at the first shot

Discussion in 'Tactics & Strategies' started by AKJoker, Dec 12, 2012.

1. AKJoker

AKJoker New Member

Every battle I am in my friend and I always come up with these plans that should ensure victory but once the first sign of combat comes my team falls apart. What can I do to keep the plan together

2. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Tell them that whoever runs away gets shot by you. Simple as that.

3. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    It's the glasses, bro, the glasses. Just can't take you seriously wearing those.

Lol.

Anyways, you really just need to make sure EVERYONE wants to follow your plan, otherwise, they'll continue to fall apart.

4. 123456abcdef

123456abcdef New Member

Chapel Hill
    Like L5132 said, it can't just be you and your friend's plan, it has to be everyone's plan. Come up with it as a team. Make sure every knows their role and remind everyone that they are just plastic bullets. They won't hurt you at all.

5. Ham

Ham New Member

Lowell
    See your problem is radios. You need them to tell your friends to get the ADD in check and stay on task.

Now if things are falling apart because they are pinned and can't move then you and your friends need to learn react to contact drills, squad formations and roles, and how to stop giving a **** about being shot at.

6. Scout_Master

Scout_Master New Member

Gastonia
    Can you give me an example of a plan in detail? Like you would brief it to your team. I think I have the answer but I can help you better if I know how you plan.

7. AKJoker

AKJoker New Member

We would split into to fire teams of three and team number 1 would engage the enemy and team 2 would flank. But it turns out that the second team just ran away screaming " there are too many of them!" leaving my team pinned down and cut off

8. Ham

Ham New Member

Lowell
    Research "battle drill 1alpha" and implement that. If you can't find anything about it on the Internet any army issue combat handbook would have lots and lots of information on that one. Believe me it works and you guys already have the idea going.

Devote a solid day of training every month, make sure everyone knows the roles of both fireteams and put everyone through all roles. The team leaders and squad leader are the backbone, they need to not be retarded at all.

9. Scout_Master

Scout_Master New Member

Gastonia
    Ok this is what should be considered a battle drill. This battle drill in particular is called react to contact. Battle drills should be tasks that do not require a "plan" and should be executed automatically by your squad and team leaders.

There are many ways to execute this battle drill as long as your squad has a standard operating procedure (SOP). The biggest part of a react to contact battle drill is that the squad leader moves with and leads the flanking element. Your A team (support element) should lay down overwhelming suppressive fire to gain fire superiority. Your B team (assault element) should flank around WIDE, you should get on line and use a leap frog technique all the way through the objective. You should lead the assault element and supervise what is going on.

The only contingency to a react to contact battle drill is if you do not out number the enemy 3-1 or 2-1 you should execute a break contact battle drill. This should be determined by the squad leader and not any of the team members as that would cause a disorderly and possibly unnecessary withdrawal.

If you have any other questions about any of what I covered or would like to know more about battle drills just let me know.

EDIT: I forgot to mention. If your team does not quite grasp what it means to lay down suppressive fire and to be flanked have them take turns in 2 man teams fighting against your squad, with the battle drill mentioned above. It sucks being suppressed and then flanked and it is highly effective.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  10. AKJoker

AKJoker New Member

That helps a lot thanks. It's gonna save our butts this weekend

11. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    No battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy.
    There is no such thing as a perfect plan.
    -Murphy's Law

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  12. Fritz

Fritz New Member

Camp Shelby
    Fabricate a plan that minimizes the risk of them being shot. Even the most wimpy players will follow the plan if you set them up right.

13. Ghost-1

Ghost-1 New Member

If your team leader take control. If they don't listen like someone said, shoot them. Make sure you have control before you go out there and start firing. Also make sure they do not go in the field guns blazing that will definitely get you killed

14. Jupiter

Jupiter New Member

Practice the drills over and over until you can do it with your eyes closed because once the plastic starts flying people get tunnel vision and focus on whats in front of them and not what's happening around them. That's how the military do it they don't focus on the forest focus on the tree

Hope that makes sense to you

15. Sandman76

Sandman76 New Member

Flint
    lololol that's what I was going to say at first. but really, when a leader gives an order the team MUST obey... they can question them and check your sanity if there is time, but when you give an order like " go start to flank from the right" they are required to obey you. ( at least if you wanted to be realistic) Military members say an oath and a creed that says that they will obey their officers( or leaders) and they WILL ALWAYS resist the enemy if they have a means to. Plus, when team members don't listen to you and when you don't say anything about it or address it, you immediately start to loose respect from all of your followers. Also,, After a battle you should have a discussion and talk about what went wrong and what you could have done better. I have gone to leadership schools and I'm currently still studying leadership, if you have any questions are want to know some more tips feel free to PM me. :)

16. TSScaptain

TSScaptain New Member

Communication. Get some radios a headset and a push to talk button together so insure your team stays together. If you get that fixed your plan should survive contact and anything you expected. If its something U dont expect improvise. I have read numerous books by former members of the SEAL teams and Delta force, when ambushed or encounter an unexpected problem follow the leader and dont lose your head. My unit is very selective with recruitment so everyone in my squad follows me, doesnt back down, or retreat or enter panic mode when BBs start flying. But whatever you do, do it as a team! Stay near each other. I had these problems when I would make a makeshift squad of guys I met at an arena. We had a plan and when we made combat all hell broke lose. This was paintball but it wasnt much different from an airsoft game. It was 8 of us with our guns trying to flank the enemy when an enemy patrol spots us. We return fire but soon realize their point man unlike any of us had a fully automatic weapon. 2 of us were hit, half of the remaining men left us. It was 3 on 4 and we got them, but lost one of ours. The problem was they where newbies, afraid ,inexperienced, and not used to taking orders.Your problem is you let bad players in your team, or they need more training with you as a leader and need more combat experience. Communicate well and train them to be unafraid, develop mental toughness, and follow your orders if you are ambushed or in counter an unexpected problem.

17. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

Also, you could try to get a new team if your current one has no grasp of tactics.

18. tasgal

tasgal New Member

Richmond
    Sounds like you need a new team.

19. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    What is the age group of your team? When I play at large outdoor events, I normally don't bring my airsofting friends because they are not as into the game as I am.

I usually arrive to the field about an hour early and look for a group of really nice respectful young adults and I just hang with them. Most of the time, my actual 'team' is people I don't know, but we just form a squad and follow eachother and cover each others backs. I bring two radios, one for me, and one for a random person to keep in touch with me.