n00b

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Stormrider009, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Stormrider009

Stormrider009 New Member

hey guys. I just bought an AMG L96 AWP. how'd I do for my first buy?

2. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Well in my opinion you couldn't have done much worse,There terrible I have personally used one and there crap,You should have gotten an aeg.

3. Stormrider009

Stormrider009 New Member

well I was on a budget

4. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    There are good aeg's for people on a budget,How much did you spend?

5. Stormrider009

Stormrider009 New Member

I spent $80 for the gun and about $20 for the scope

6. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Well my good sir,No sniper is good stock you have to pour hundreds of bucks just to get them to perform aswell as an aeg.You should sell it and get an aeg.

7. Stormrider009

Stormrider009 New Member

so you really do swear by aegs huh?

8. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Sorry but they are right. The agm lacks in stock performance and upgrade ability.

9. Stormrider009

Stormrider009 New Member

alright, I really appreciate the imput guys. I'll be using it in some games this Sunday for the first time, and I will tell you how it performed so check back for a post then

10. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Where do you play airsoft?

11. ComputerMan

ComputerMan New Member

Its Gona suck!............

12. Stormrider009

Stormrider009 New Member

I play at Mr. Paintball in San Diego California

13. ARC8745

ARC8745 New Member

Titusville
    Its not that they swear by AEGs, theyre just saying that your not gonna find a good sniper for $80.

14. Bait

Bait New Member

You should be good. If you actually want to snipe at long distances accurately you need some upgrades but if you have a great shot you will be fine. People here think snipers should be way out of range of an AEG. You should just make your you hit him the first time.

Guys it obviously will be harder for him than most people but that doesn't mean it will not be good? It will be a bit of a challenge but he can still do it. He just needs to get good at being stealthy and having an amazing shot. It's that or pouring a lot of money away.

15. Gaz96

Gaz96 New Member

Generally, the people who jump in with a sniper rifle often get really angry because their rifles aren't reaching out like it should in their opinion. Getting angry in airsoft leads to unsportsmanlike conduct, and just bad manners/dishonesty. This is when you get things like non-hit takers and cheaters. (Obviously, I'm not accusing the OP of anything of the sort, I'm sure he is a great, honest player.)
    Back to the original OP, most of the posts are correct, you would have done better spending the extra 20-30 quid and buying a half decent AEG, not too sure on prices in the US, but for starter weapon systems, JG are a popular choice, and if you can afford it, spring for a better brand, such as King Arms, or even TM/VFC. Have a search around the retailers, and narrow it down to some guns you like and can afford, then search the forum for some info on the guns. If you've got any questions, don't hesitate to PM me, as I know the people on here get a bit aggy if you post questions a lot.

16. ComputerMan

ComputerMan New Member

No, he is fighting more than one target and most targets are aeg or gbbr with full auto

17. Gaz96

Gaz96 New Member

The reason most airsoft snipers use a BASR is because it brings in an element of challenge to the kill, which in turn, makes it more satisfying, and Ofc, the higher FPS limit. BASR give the airsoft sniper a project, which when done well, leaves you with a rifle that well outperforms the AEGs. The problem comes when the project is done poorly or with the wrong upgrade parts. Then you have poor performance.
    Also, OP, please don't think you are going to be reaching out any further than 100 metres, because you just won't. You will most likely need to be at about 80 metres to accurately hit targets, and that's where your fieldcraft and stalking skills come in. (This is the precise reason I, and most other clued up airsofters, recommend getting an AEG for a weapon is so that you get a feel for how the site/game/airsoft in general works, so you know how the enemy will react).

18. DadCRO

DadCRO Member

Uhm, change that to feet.

(20 stock spring snipers)

19. Gaz96

Gaz96 New Member

I'm talking with upgrades, if that was feet, he would most likely be within the engagement distance, so wouldn't actually be able to engage anyway.

20. DadCRO

DadCRO Member

Ok, I didn't know that you meant upgraded.

Yeah, with hundreds of dollars in upgrades, the most range you can expect is about 300 ft.

Gaz is totally right. I use my sniper rifle, and it doesn't have a ton of range, but I like the challenge of getting kills with my gas BASR and having my target sort of sit there with a confused expression on his face wondering where that BB came from. Stealth is half the fun of sniping.