Featured Need a good CQB gun

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Jaybaum, Apr 15, 2018 at 9:22 PM.

1. Jaybaum

Jaybaum New Member

Folsom
    Hey guys im pretty new to airsoft and need a reliable CQB gun. Any good suggestions? My price limit is $200

2. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Martinsburg
    What platform are you interested in? AR, AK, P90...

3. Jaybaum

Jaybaum New Member

Folsom
    I’m open to all platforms, as long as there’s room for good upgrades and the fun itself is reliable and sturdy I have no issue at all

4. -Spitfire-

Martinsburg
    BOA_SP3CT3R and Chow like this.
  5. Wolfe99

Wolfe99 New Member

Kent
    I use the G&G Arp9 with a red dot and love the gun for CQB.

6. RobbyBlakeslee

RobbyBlakeslee New Member

I had an echo 1 GAT and it was pretty reliable indoor and outdoor for $180, worked for a couple years then broke, you get what you pay for in airsoft..

7. Jaybaum

Jaybaum New Member

Folsom
  8. RobbyBlakeslee

RobbyBlakeslee New Member

9. Wolfe99

Wolfe99 New Member

Kent
    I would be careful buying used.

10. Wh33ler

Wh33ler Active Member

Denton
  11. adas1223

adas1223 Active Member

stratford
    -Spitfire- likes this.
  12. -Spitfire-

Martinsburg
    BOA_SP3CT3R, link0 and adas1223 like this.
  13. link0

link0 Member

San Jose
    -Spitfire- and BOA_SP3CT3R like this.
  14. BOA_SP3CT3R

BOA_SP3CT3R Well-Known Member

Mountain Home
    I agree with Spitfire and link0. While my KC02 is a very fun and effective gun, the cost of pretty much everything for it is high. Bolt, piston, trigger, barrel & hopup upgrades are expensive. Mags are $30 each, and only hold 30 rounds.

15. Jaybaum

Jaybaum New Member

Folsom
    I think i'm gonna spend the extra amount and go with the G&G ARP9

-Spitfire- and link0 like this.
  16. Mason Hohnadel

Mason Hohnadel Member

Harlingen
    My little brother uses an H&K UMP, it got a full metal version 3 gearbox and polymer externals like the real gun... it runs for about $150 new and the mags are $20 each...

it shoots about 270fps with .28g bb's and works very well. It takes a stick type NiMh battery and is super compact due to the stock type, very well balanced and doesn't feel like a cheap gun.

Disclaimer, the gun comes with a battery and a magazine, but I highly recommend using the mid cap versions of the mag because the high cap version that comes with the gun doesn't feed very well and the mid-caps have 120 rounds... so they have a fair amount of ammo still.

Jaybaum likes this.
  17. Jaybaum

Jaybaum New Member

Folsom
    what are your thoughts on it compared to the G&G arp9

18. Mason Hohnadel

Mason Hohnadel Member

Harlingen
    If you are talking about the new one coming out soon, I would say it is most likely going to be a better choice for a high quality gun. The ARP9 is very versatile and uses a full metal version 2 gearbox making it more desirable and easier to fix if it breaks. It might not be as short as the H&K UMP, but it definitely packs more features and components into its package.

Bear in kind however, if you were looking for something different and much lower costs the UMP might be better (due to included battery and mag if you dont purchase more).

The ARP9 is a M4 platform making it a little more common on the battlefield, however this can be desirable because this also means it is more supported by the airsoft community as well as parts retailers and airsoft techs.

19. Jaybaum

Jaybaum New Member

Folsom
    I was thinking more about the 9mm version

-Spitfire- likes this.
  20. Wh33ler

Wh33ler Active Member

Denton
    Yes and no. Yes, it's an M4 variant, but it's not your standard M4 being the 9mm version. Therefore, the lower is a bit different having a different magwell and obviously different mags. Yes, still an M4 but....not. Still a V2 gearbox, though.

Along those lines, you might consider looking at the Classic Army Nemesis X9, which is their AR9 platform. It was supposed to be released a couple days ago but got delayed in shipping across the pond so the latest info points to the middle of May. I pre-ordered one myself so I'm looking forward to its arrival. I'll give my opinion once I have it in hand and get to play a few games with it. The main difference between it and the ARP9 is the full metal body. That and I like the battery compartment much better. But if you're wanting something for right now, I still recommend the Krytac PDW. The Trident version is a little better but the Alpha works great, too, and is a little closer to your price range.