Need a Pistol that shoots under 350FPS w/ .2

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by NigerianSloth, Dec 13, 2017.

1. NigerianSloth

NigerianSloth New Member

Park Ridge
    So my closest field requires pistols to have an FPS of 350 w/ .2 or under. I need the pistol to shoot with CO2 because the area is always really cold. I was considering the ASG CZ p09 but I it shoots 375 sadly. Any suggestions?

2. TechTimm

TechTimm Member

Portland
    The Elite Force pistol series are probably your best bet. I've owned a couple of their pistols and can say they seem to be reliable. The Elite Force 1911's should be shooting just under 350 FPS with .2s.

3. BOA_SP3CT3R

BOA_SP3CT3R Moderator Staff Member Moderator Supporting Member

Bull Shoals
    IIRC the elite force 1911 is 99% proprietary. You can get some OEM parts and I believe there is one upgrade bucking. They're OEM'd by KWC, I don't think they're the best manufacturer. The p09 is OEM'd by KJW, and KJW is a really good brand. I just did some testing with my green gas KJW KC02 in ~40° and it performed very well. You might be able to get an NPAS for the p09, which allows you to adjust the FPS.

4. clinicallyproven

clinicallyproven Active Member

Los Angeles
    Skip the EF 1911 meme. It's a pile of trash IMHO.

Second the KJW CZ P09 (ASG Licensed). Though if you can spend more money, get a TM. A plastic slide gun won't have problems firing in the cold either.

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.
  5. TechTimm

TechTimm Member

Portland
    Must just be me then with having good luck with KWC then haha. Over the years I've owned 2 EF 1911s, a KWC Mini Uzi, the Taurus PT 24/7, their CO2 M9, and their Desert Eagle. All of them have seen quite a few rounds fired through them. None of them failed on me even with accidentally dropping one EF 1911 in the sand and another one on the concrete floor of my garage. The current EF 1911 Tac that I own has seen plenty of abuse without problems. Same goes for when I owned the KWC Uzi. The CO2 M9 only had one problem - the trigger spring broke. I may have just got lucky with my KWC purchases though.

The KJW CZ P09 is a great pistol, but on average fires too hot for his field. As BOA_SP3CT3R said, a NPAS might work. It might need modification to fit though. Id totally recommend that pistol if it didn't fire too hot. KJW is in all a really good brand - so maybe try one of their green gas pistols. I know it's not CO2, but it should still work fine. Where do you play? - if you mind me asking. I've personally used green gas pistols in pretty cold weather and they still perform fairly well.

EDIT: The only current KWC I own is the EF 1911 Tac, all the others were owned 2+ years ago before I left airsoft until recently . I don't know if the quality has went down, maybe that's why nobody seems to like them.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.
  6. interceptor

interceptor Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Los Angeles
    Not sure if you can run a TM on CO2 (which the OP was asking about). I never had problems with green gas but the plastic slide might not fare as well with CO2.

7. clinicallyproven

clinicallyproven Active Member

Los Angeles
    You don't necessarily need CO2 to run in cold weather. Sure, a TM might not fare well because propane isn't all that stable unlike CO2, but I'd say its performance is passable.