Need a SAW

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by JaegerBombastic, Jun 8, 2015.

1. JaegerBombastic

JaegerBombastic New Member

Recently my team decided that a squad gunner would be a nice addition to the team. What would be a decent SAW within the 250ish range?

2. Jerichow

Jerichow Member

Lakeville
    You're probably not gonna get one new in that range. There might be a few being sold on the forums that you could consider picking up, but typically they go for ~$300+ on most retailers.

Also, most people typically go for the M249 or M60 as the designated squad automatic. Otherwise, you can be like my friend and get a G36E, bipod, and a couple of 3k round drum mags and rock an MG36 platform. Since it's airsoft the end result is still the same. Going that route would probably be within your $250 range.

3. Jeranhound

Jeranhound Active Member

Seattleish
    RPK is always an option, too. ASGI was trying to get rid of the Cyma drum mag for $40, think that sale's still going on.

4. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    A&K MK46 for $300
    /Thread.

5. Boulder119

Boulder119 New Member

I concur with munishin. I recently got one and it works like a dream. However if you want more range, get a full size m249 mk2. You probably won't be able to get a new SAW for 250$, but you could if you raised the budget or saved up until you had 50$ more. A&K M60's are also a viable option, but they are significantly heavier and a bit more expensive than an m249. However, they do have a built in mosfet and bigger magazine. If you can't/don't want to carry a heavier gun like the m249/mk46 or m60, you could always get a G36 and convert it to mg36 or just get an rpk. I don't know about how they perform, but you can get an RPK for below 250$, so you may want to look into that. As far as I know, the V3 gearbox is sturdy enough for sustained fire, but I may be wrong. But don't get anything with a standard v2, as they are fairly weak.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015