Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am not very new to airsoft but I am looking at the Lancet tactical LT-19B Gen2
But am seeing all these different versions of the gen 2 and don't know which one to get. I have seen the LT-19B Gen2 but what is the difference between the LT-19B Gen2 and the LT-19Y Gen2 and the LT-19BL Gen2 and all the different types need advice.

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
Any reason on wanting a LT?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it was highly recommend and I really like Lancer Tactical in general my friend has one and he l let me shoot it I really liked it but it was not an LT-19 I like the internals that Lancer makes and they are pretty sturdy and I have been doing a lot of research.

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
Reviews are highly subjective and "bad" reviews are never posted.

This is the way of the US Airsoft Industry - American Consumerism Does Not Apply.

Quite honestly, they are low-mid-tier at best.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so I think I've decided I will get the Keymod 10 after contacting Lancer they said the keymod has the higher fps and is good for outdoor which is what I play thanks for all the advice guys. Also any upgrades I should get that y'all would advise? I'll probably get a red dot and an extra mag or two any thing I should do to the internals?

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Internally, if it were me I'd just drop in a new bucking (Krytac orange or G&G green) and run it until something breaks.

Externally, red dot and maybe an angled foregrip (BCM Gunfighter, etc) as a ergo improvement.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Keymod rails can be lighter than mlok or picatinny, thats about the only attraction they have for me. Bit harder to find quality attachments for them, fortunately BCM supports all three with my fav grip.

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
The LT guy snowed you...they have excess Keymod and levels of higher FPS is purely subjective. Keymod went out of style 3 - 4 years ago...and the last models with them as rails came out 2-3 years ago. They are selling you old stock.

Outside range is not solely on FPS alone.

A 300fps AEG will out range a 400fps AEG if the 400fps AEG has a non-functional/defective/low grade/quality hop-up unit.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Am I the only one who likes Keymod and thinks M-lok is unwieldy and way harder to use than it needs to be?

Internally, if it were me I'd just drop in a new bucking (Krytac orange or G&G green) and run it until something breaks.
This is good advice, although I would chrono yours out of the box to make sure it's performing consistently. I worked on a LT gen2 that would shoot either 325fps or 365fps.

The nice thing about LTs are the extreme light weight due to being almost entirely plastic, and it can be gratifying seeing upgrade parts actually provide measureable benefit. As discussed in my worklog post, there are some nice features that I did not expect to see from an entry level AEG:
  • Epoxied-in bushings
  • Full metal rack piston with 2nd tooth half height (which is good since the gearbox track is too narrow for standard pistons)
  • QD spring guide passes through lower receiver, only need to unbolt buffer tube. Compatible with Krytac and ZCI QD spring guides
  • Front-radiused cylinder window (still needs to be hand finished but it's a nice start)

I would recommend doing the upgrades that my client wanted as performance was very consistent afterward
  • Prometheus Purple packing, G&G Green works well too
  • Hop unit arm shimming, shim via O-rings over the barrel
  • SP110/SP120 spring
  • Piston head, O-ring, cylinder (LT cylinder ID was narrow)
  • Neo magnet motor
  • Standard suite of AoE correction/shimming/shell radiusing

Other minor notes
  • Tappet plate/nozzle interface doesn't fit aftermarket v2 items, need to be replaced as a pair
  • Barrel nut isn't quite large enough for rail to squeeze on, fully tightened down screws still allows minor wobble. I stabilized the rail system with a clone Magpul RSA clamped on both rail and receiver.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good I'll write those down thanks.
Ok so I was thinking of putting an S140 spring in it because I play with a big group of friends in my woods and fps rules aren't to strict would I need a new spring guide?

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
An sp140 shoots ~2.46j with a .25g given a standard barrel, which is about 515fps with a 0.2g

I'm not sure you're going to be able to pull a full stroke sp140 with a stock motor, I don't think your stock gearbox etc will survive the abuse if you do, and I don't think shooting that hot during field play is a good idea. I'd go so far as to say that's dangerous and you're more likely to hurt someone than not.

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
Dangerous, and you will break your gun - period.

Spring guide is not going to be the first thing that breaks and it will break in short order, like 100 rounds or less.

The components of LT products were never made to stand up to the stresses of a spring at that level.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
An sp140 shoots ~2.46j with a .25g given a standard barrel, which is about 515fps with a 0.2g

I'm not sure you're going to be able to pull a full stroke sp140 with a stock motor, I don't think your stock gearbox etc will survive the abuse if you do, and I don't think shooting that hot during field play is a good idea. I'd go so far as to say that's dangerous and you're more likely to hurt someone than not.
You think 520 fps hurts you ever played with some of those dudes from Ireland there guns hurt! Edit: I have not experienced it first hand but I know people who have.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Am I the only one who likes Keymod and thinks M-lok is unwieldy and way harder to use than it needs to be? rm105?

This is good advice, although I would chrono yours out of the box to make sure it's performing consistently. I worked on a LT gen2 that would shoot either 325fps or 365fps.

The nice thing about LTs are the extreme light weight due to being almost entirely plastic, and it can be gratifying seeing upgrade parts actually provide measureable benefit. As discussed in my worklog post, there are some nice features that I did not expect to see from an entry level AEG:
  • Epoxied-in bushings
  • Full metal rack piston with 2nd tooth half height (which is good since the gearbox track is too narrow for standard pistons)
  • QD spring guide passes through lower receiver, only need to unbolt buffer tube. Compatible with Krytac and ZCI QD spring guides
  • Front-radiused cylinder window (still needs to be hand finished but it's a nice start)

I would recommend doing the upgrades that my client wanted as performance was very consistent afterward
  • Prometheus Purple packing, G&G Green works well too
  • Hop unit arm shimming, shim via O-rings over the barrel
  • SP110/SP120 spring
  • Piston head, O-ring, cylinder (LT cylinder ID was narrow)
  • Neo magnet motor
  • Standard suite of AoE correction/shimming/shell radiusing

Other minor notes
  • Tappet plate/nozzle interface doesn't fit aftermarket v2 items, need to be replaced as a pair
  • Barrel nut isn't quite large enough for rail to squeeze on, fully tightened down screws still allows minor wobble. I stabilized the rail system with a clone Magpul RSA clamped on both rail and receiver.
Do you think you could send me the links for the parts you suggesed?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts