need advice or input on some choices

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by 2JZ, Sep 3, 2012.

1. 2JZ

2JZ New Member

Hey guys this,might be annoying to some of you but for those who can help id appreciate. Ive been lookinv for a decent bolt action airsoft rifle for some time and Im looking for a one that l last and has great upgradeability. So with that being said ive been looking at the following:

The most eye catching one to me has been the UK arms full metal m24
    link here: http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?cPath=139_113&products_id=8582

Now for the price of 170$ u get both bipod and scope (better scope in the future) is preety decent, shooting over 500fps is nice, quality and all seems decent to. And the adjustible stock is nice.

Then theres the JG bar 10. This also has,been on my mind. Ever since I heard about it I heard nothing but good about it, great quality and amazing upgradeability. Decent fps outa the box but will need work. Link here: http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?products_id=2761

Priced at $100 its preety dang cheap but if it a good choice or,platform as they say it is?

Next up is the echo 1 full metal m28. I rly havnt heard much about it but seems like a decent choice. Link here http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?cPath=139_113&products_id=7404

Price is decent, fps is decentand build quality looks good but I rly have no experience or knowledge Bout it. If anyone can chim in id appreciate it.

Then theres the asgis upgraded g700 G at $300. Link here : http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?cPath=139_113&products_id=8253

Once again I don't know much on it but seems to be one of the best options around its price range, upgraded preety well and won't need tinkering with. good fps and accurancy.

There's also all the other $100 ranged rifles like the utg, well, socom r700, agm ect.. Are these inferior brands ? Or will they perform and last and have a good upgradeability?

If anyone can give me some info on these choices or better if you have experience with these I would appreciate it, also if you would,recomend something else lmk.

Thanks

Sorry for typos im on my phone

2. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Forget about the UK Arms M24, it's POS.
    Echo 1 M28, not much better, they are pretty much the same gun.

GI G700G, based on the JG Bar-10, great gun if you don't want to bother upgrading it.

If you want to spend the extra in upgrades and whatnot, JG Bar-10 or UTG L96.

I'd just buy the good solid CA M24 if you can find one.
    Steel trigger set, steel cylinder, PDI type hop chamber and bla bla bla bla bla.
    All the goodies for around $250.
    Way better than the GI G700G.

3. Airsoft33

Airsoft33 New Member

I would go with the JG Bar-10. I have this gun and it is great.

4. 2JZ

2JZ New Member

Is utg a trust worthy brand? How well is the utg l96 on the long run shooting 500+ fps? And what's,its upgradeability like?

5. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    I'd still go for CA M24, yes it's $150 more, but what you get is A LOT more than $150.

Yes it's pretty much the beginner rifle along with the BAR-10 because they are cheap but they are also clones of very popular guns.
    Because of that, there are tons of upgrade parts.

If you want to upgrade ANY spring sniper rifles to 500+ FPS, you HAVE to upgrade the trigger unit or the sears along with the piston.

For real tho, get the CA M24 :p

6. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Listen to this advice, I did and my CA M24 is freaking outstanding. The stock is sooooo solid, its one solid peice of polymer. And all the metal parts on this gun are of great quality too. Highly recommended, best spring gun I've dealt with to date, and its already really good as far as upgrades go. I mean the only things you'll wanna look at doing is perfecting your hopup/inner barrel and maybe a stronger spring.

7. 2JZ

2JZ New Member

8. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Those upgrade parts are not worth it at all IMO.
    That piston snapped on me.

ANY guns that are based on APS, APS-2 or VSR systems are pretty much good guns.

http://www.airsofttitan.com/s001m.html

9. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Join the M24 Army.........

hypnotic.jpg

Classic Army........

ForumRunner_20120904_114731.jpg

It's calling to you......

hypnotic.jpg

10. 2JZ

2JZ New Member

Il have to go for the CA m24 since its apparently one of the best but I also want a l96 style rifle, now what's the diffrnces between the well mb08 and the utg mk96

11. 2JZ

2JZ New Member

I was thinking of the.utg mk96 then do these upgrades , the Sears kit and spring, guide and piston, then a decent barrel and a good hopup. the asgis kit spring claims 610 fps on .2s. But il ne using .3+

12. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    I can't say for sure what the difference is. But I've owned two well mb07's and I can tell you right now that compared to the Classic Army they are not even on the same page. Of course mine aren't l96's but they are made by WELL still. My WELL's are cheap metal, threads strip really easily, the stock is hollow and feels cheap. Not sure about the utg however. But the best thing I have to say about the CA M24 is the stock!!! It's a solid chunk, feels great in the hand, good weight to it and unlike the WELL it doesn't feel cheap at all.

13. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Ha, 610 fps with .20.
    1. Good luck finding a field that'll allow you to use it. Unless you play in some private land.
    2. Have fun pulling the bolt back.
    3. You need to buy the PDI or Laylax trigger for that, you just have to, the stock trigger housing is going to crack on you.
    4. Good luck if you shot someone close. With that kind of energy, I can guarantee you that the BB will go through at least on layer of the shirt, unless the guy is wearing shirt made of thick materials.
    If you shot the guy right on his skin, it'll go into him.

14. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

A guy at my field had a bb stuck in his forarm, he wears BDUs. The max my field allows is 500fps too. I belive shiftys svd shoots 640 fps with .28s.