Need advice pls help

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by codename-doughboy, Dec 3, 2015.

1. codename-doughboy

codename-doughboy New Member

i need advice on modding my v3 gearbox. im about to get 100:300 shs ration gears with a lonex a2 and a 15 tooth shs piston with a m170 spring. Is this a good choice for a high fps shooter on my contour ak74u?

Attached Files:

2. Swift17

Swift17 Member

Brunswick
    Whats the FPS Limit where you play, M170 seems like it would have the gun shooting a little hot for most limits, also I'd go with a different motor Lonex motors have a habit of dying after awhile, an ASG 18000 28 tpa would work, or make a frankentorque motor is an option too,

3. codename-doughboy

There is no fps limit where im playing since its a small time league run by myself and only 20 or so members so i never set a fps cap. But i appreciate the motor advice. What about the gears is 100:300 gear ratio good? They are hexical gears too so is that a good choice with what im wanting?

4. Swift17

Swift17 Member

Brunswick
    Even though you don't have an fps limit an M170 is an overkill, and can be unsafe, id stick with around M150, which is still a high fps but would also allow you to use it as a dmr at fields where they have a dmr rule. As for gears I don't know whole lot but shs makes good gears especially for the price, and those are torque gears so I would assume that they would work fine

5. NeoAugAU-3G

NeoAugAU-3G Active Member

Las Vegas
    torque gears are not needed. ever. go with 13:1 shs gears, a 150 spring, high torque motor, and lipo battery. do all the hop up tuning mods you can. you will be golden

6. codename-doughboy

Appreciated you guys. Does anyone know any major airsoft events in the east coast? Preferably NC or SC