Featured Need Basic Buildout - Will Pay

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Alden, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Alden

Alden New Member

Seattle
    Hey there I have no skills or interest to gain the requisite skill to complete a project. Thus I turn to your experienced hands to complete what I imagine is a fairly simple request: a basic pistol with an electronically controlled trigger. All I need is for my small computerized controller (think Raspberry Pi / Arduino) to intercept between the trigger pull and the actual shot. The controller needs to be able to prevent the shot from taking place by either sending or not sending a singular 3v signal.

I understand there are some parts available that might already do this - that would be totally fine. Of course I'll buy the parts and compensate you for your time.

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    That is not really a simple request. AEP's is the only platform you can "make" electronic. However there is no room to put a small PCB into an AEP.

3. BeansOnToast

BeansOnToast Active Member

Seattle
    Micro micro switch?

Maybe a mac 10 will have more room?

4. Raven1st

Raven1st Well-Known Member

San Ramon valley
    It sounds like you want an electronic trigger setup similar to competitive target pistols.
    It has an on/off (safety) and a trigger micro switch and everything else is mechanical.

This kind of modification on a GBB pistol isn’t something I’ve ever seen done before.
    I’ve seen a handful of AEP’s that have had micro switches and MOSFETs added to them, so that route is far easier for a tech to do, but you’re limited to AEP’s.

5. Alden

Alden New Member

Seattle
    Hey thanks all for the thoughts! I should mention my additions don't need to be inside the casing and absolutely none of this needs to be pretty or manageable in any sense of the word, though ideally it would be both. As a matter of fact I plan to make the gun completely stationary, which in retrospect I probably should have mentioned earlier. Nevertheless, if it's easier to complete this with a different form factor I'd be willing to accept that. My ideal setup is a pistol but if that's too complicated it would be okay to use something else.

6. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Details is a need to know for custom items like this.

7. Robmajeske559

Robmajeske559 New Member

Sanger
    100% if this is for a turret (I.E. motion tracking or some other nonsense) you should use an AR type pistol, and an electronic winding hi-cap, with a mosfet in advanced mode, and wire the trigger contacts external to a relay on fire control board.
    set of binoc cameras, and servo plate and you could track and aim/fire at FOV.

8. BeansOnToast

BeansOnToast Active Member

Seattle
    What about a p90, with mags that can be gravity fed you can just have a large hopper of bb's, lots of space to mount to a motor.

9. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis