Need G&G CM Operable Dust Cover

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Matman, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Matman

Matman Member

I'm looking for the dust cover and charging handle extension off of a G&G CM. Some of their line has the operable dust cover. My raider does not and I have to pry a fingernail in there every time I want to open it. I'm trying to modify it so I can just pull the charging handle and it will open.

2. Bisqcateer

Bisqcateer Member

Elk Grove
    I sold all my G&G Raider stuff about a year ago, but I did have some advice that may work out for you. The G&G guns that have the charging handle that opens the dust cover opens it by the fake bolt literally bumping the little spring/friction-held nub on the dust cover as it slides to the rear. If I recall, the "non-blowback" G&G guns don't have the fake bolt that slides, nor the slits the fake bolt rides through within the pneumatic blowback piston.

Long story short, you would need more than just the dust cover and charging handle assembly to get what you want. For an alternative, you can take out the dust cover and flip the spring around. That way, the dust cover will stay OPEN instead of closed. Not exactly what you want, but it's an instant change that you can do right now without buying anything else.

3. Matman

Matman Member

I thought about reversing the spring if I can't make the charging handle functional. Possibly getting just the dust cover with the latch. It would latch closed and I could just push down on the exterior release to open it, though the charging handle would operate it. I was looking at a G&G CM-16 last week at an airsoft store (this one I think, https://www.evike.com/products/56306/) might have to go back and take a closer look; it's not a blow back but the charging handle did release the dust cover, it had the fake plastic bolt thing. My raider does have the little groove located top center of the bolt hole that the nub from the dust cover latches into; but your probably right on not having the slits the fake bolt slides on.
    This is the only instance I have found of someone actually making it work (https://www.reddit.com/r/airsoft/comments/30dfg0/gg_nbb_combat_machine_dust_cover_replacement/) and now that I re-read it, it sounds like the CM-16 dust cover won't work.

4. Bisqcateer

Bisqcateer Member

Elk Grove
    Oh then I'm probably remembering their older versions. I bought mine probably in 2012 or so when they had G&G GR15 Raiders with the metal rail, so I'm sure there have been updates since then.

Looks like you have some options to outweigh haha. Good luck!

5. Matman

Matman Member

Mines the GC-16 full metal so I think it's worth modding, but could end up being more of a pain than what it's worth....lol....Thanks