Need help deciding.

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by InfamousDman, Aug 5, 2012.

1. InfamousDman

InfamousDman New Member

Trying to decide between the KWA KM4 SR10 and a G&P Magpul Licensed PTS MOE M4 Carbine. Im kinda in the middle between these two and don't know which way to go. Anyone have input on which i should go for?

2. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    G&P for upgradiblity.

3. OxiClean

OxiClean New Member

Warren
    Wanna upgrade your gun? G&P

Wanna great gun out of the box? KWA

4. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    Want a great gun out of the box? G&P

Want a good gun with a few proprietary parts, regular performance for a rather expensive price? KWA.

5. poston

poston New Member

Colchester
    I'm no fanboy or anything but doesn't the sr10 have better stock performance than the G&P listed, and performance I mean range and accuracy?

6. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

G&P for me because of the price and I've shot the SR10 and it seems pretty accurate but the range was lower than I would have thought. I can't say anymore about either because I have limited next to none with both brands.

7. UBCSWraith

UBCSWraith New Member

My KWA M4 remains to be one of the best stock AEGs I've ever owned. Range and accuracy are outstanding compared to most stock AEGs, thanks to a Firefly type bucking and a tightbore barrel. It's no DMR of course, but better than your average stock AEG.

G&Ps are about the same price as a KWA. I look at Evike and the prices are about the same, and the über tacti cool G&Ps cost even more. This isn't true if the buyer looks overseas, but with shipping, the price will be about the same as buying here anyway.

That said, I think either would serve you well. Got a preference in the looks department? The KWA has a few proprietary parts, it's certainly upgradeable, but not to the point of a G&P platform.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  8. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

I thought most of the gun was proprietary?

9. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Yes, and no. Some parts are, others are not.

10. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

2 know parts are...air nozzle and something like the piston head or cylinder head. But the gearbox shell is defiantly proprietary.