need help finding a glock 45 GBB pistol

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by simple gunner, Sep 17, 2020.

1. simple gunner

simple gunner New Member

aurora
    hey yall, as the title says, im looking for a glock 45 GBB pistol. i dont care what the brand is, just that its green gas, and i can get a few extra mags for it. ive been looking online, but so far, all ive found are out of stock sale pages, or review articles for the gun. you have anything you can share to help a guy out?

2. simple gunner

simple gunner New Member

aurora
  3. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
  4. simple gunner

simple gunner New Member

aurora
  5. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    If you want it, that is where you have to get it from.

Note....American Consumerism Does Not Apply in Airsoft.

6. simple gunner

simple gunner New Member

aurora
    no idea what thats supposed to mean.....but ok, if thats where i have to get it from, thats where ill get it from

7. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    It means exactly as stated.

Think about how we buy things in the USA. Think of our expectations of a product and our ability to "return" it if it's defective.

In Airsoft that doesn't exist.

Nothing is made to a standard.
    Nothing is really QC'd.
    You get what you pay for and it's buyer beware.
    And there is especially No Truth in Advertising.
    Its a fleece the new sheep market and you need to be an informed consumer.

To elaborate further on the buyer beware part.

There are several manufacturer's that make really horrible Airsoft guns, mechanically they will not last very long. And then when you try to have it serviced, there are no parts for it. If you try to return it, they will say you broke it, so they will not take it back.

There is a company spamming that LION packs are the best, yet if tested by any semi-experience battery user they can tell it's actually very bad.

They will literally Bank on user inexperience to make their profits.

^All this is the modern Airsoft market. Thus...American Consumerism....does not apply.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  8. simple gunner

simple gunner New Member

aurora
    ok...i understand that. but as long as i stick with a brand i see recommended on here, like umarex, the gun should work as intended right.

9. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Well-Known Member

https://www.kyairsoft.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=g45

KY customizes the WE 19X to look like the 45, I am not intricately familiar with the differences between the two but it at least looks the part.

MOS is the slide cut for direct mount optics, I think the blowback unit and magazines are different for those.

10. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Actually
    ...no. American Consumerism does not apply, point #6.

Distributors like Cybergun, Umarex, Lancer Tactical, Valken are really in it for the money. They are the biggest culrpit in cutting corners and NOT having your best interest in mind. They are mandating so many of their Glocks to be "passed" by VFC that they have to hand fit the ones that don't work right, just so they can keep the volume up. I just sent 6 bottles of Aluma Black to VFC for they can't get enough to fix the EF Glocks after being "hand fitted".

There is a thread here that document the variations on EF Glock from non-functioning to semi-functioning to being "in" spec with after market parts.

11. simple gunner

simple gunner New Member

aurora

ok then, so the entire industry doesnt care about quality?

are there at least a few manufactures that do?

if not, then is it just a case of "buy it where i can get it, and fix as needed"?

12. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Well-Known Member

Tokyo Marui will be the biggest one that does. Most if not all of the Japanese companies will have actual good QC which is reflected in the price and performance

13. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Sad, but this is the "norm" for the main industry.

Yes, there are a few in the industry that does care "about" their products and thus their image. G&G is one...KWA is another. Krytac, kind of... These are the brand name companies and not the rebranders. Thus they have some skin in the game...all others...they don't care much nor do they understand the player base very well...

As for the Japanese...oh yeah...reputation means everything to them. The Europeans (Umarex, especially not Cybergun...) not as much...

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  14. OrangeTJ

OrangeTJ Member

Sacramento
    I know I'm just a sample of one and my experience amounts to nothing but an anecdote, but I've been pretty impressed with my Tokyo Marui products (HiCapa, HK45 Tactical, and M4A1 MWS). My G&G SMC9 broke its loading nozzle at about the 5000 round mark but I actually think that was operator error from "somebody" jamming magazines in with the bolt closed. However, when I contacted them through their site, they responded in less than 24 hours and I had a new part on my doorstep in a week. Not bad - now to see whether the the new part holds up under proper use or if it is just poorly designed.

Personally, based on a WE we had and what I've seen out at the field where we play, I don't think I'd buy a pistol from any other manufacturer than TM.

aotsukisho likes this.
  15. simple gunner

simple gunner New Member

aurora
    wow, im surprised this thread is still semi active. so to close it out, ive decided that ill just try my luck with a umarex G19x. im not planning to be hard on it too much, so maybe i can get it to last. its the closest i can find to my G45 to practice with thats actually in stock. if it breaks ill just have to fix it, since id have to do that with my firearms anyway.