Need Help finding a Piece for my build. Could You help?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Savage Rabbit, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Savage Rabbit

Savage Rabbit New Member

Sioux falls
    I just bought a CSI star xr5 i have recently decided to upgrade it and i need help finding a piece. see the gun now has no bottom rails and i would like to change that, and to do that i need to find a csi military handguard in black. through my searching i have found no reliable cites with the part i need and if you have a cite that you have used before that has the part i would gladly like to check it out

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    [​IMG] That platform has little to no spare parts. You will need to find a bone yard unit and hopefully get it and transfer the parts over.

But, those things are 130.00 new. So...perhaps relegate your old one to spare parts and get a new one?

3. OutlawAirsoft

OutlawAirsoft Active Member

Hamilton
    I have done some work on this gun (replaced the pinion gear, rewired with mosfet) and the external parts are very proprietary and difficult to work with. Good luck though, I'll let you know if I find one somewhere!

Spacemonkey likes this.
  4. AirsoftExecutioner

AirsoftExecutioner New Member

Eagan
  5. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    You should hurry...Airsoft Station may not be around much longer...

Ben3721 likes this.
  6. Squad144

Squad144 Active Member

Ocean Springs
    Are they getting bought out or is is it law issues?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  7. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Bought out...unknown.

Law issues....that is what my source says.

8. AirsoftExecutioner

Eagan
    As someone that used to work for them and had more then a few friends that worked there to good riddance that company should have been gone a long while ago with everything that has happened. From what I heard it's a law suit and the owner has or is going to file for bankruptcy. I don't see them lasting past Xmas also everything they sell has a 10 percent markup above MAP prices don't buy anything from there if you don't have to.

wetpee and OutlawAirsoft like this.
  9. wetpee

wetpee Active Member

Libertyville
  10. OutlawAirsoft

OutlawAirsoft Active Member

Hamilton
    Maybe they're just taking down their online store. Seems like a bad business plan to build two new brick and mortar stores if you're about to go under.

11. AirsoftExecutioner

Eagan
    I worked for them when they opened the first store in Illinois my friend was the one to open it actually they sent him down there but they had like no inventory when they opened that store so I'm surprised it's still around they also had problems with the manager not showing up for work at that store when it first opened. That company is very miss managed and I'm surprised there still around. I worked at the main MN store so I have never been to any of there other stores not that I would want to though after everything that happened and what I know and how my friends and I were treated when we worked there.

12. wetpee

wetpee Active Member

Libertyville
    i wouldn't say that necessarily. Could help move inventory.