Need help finding ris.

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by Joshpeck, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Joshpeck

Joshpeck Member

Eau Claire
    Hey I was wondering if there are any standard m4 ris systems that can fit nun chuck batteries inside them. Like the javelin m4 ris. I know I can get a magpul handgaurd but I don't want a gun with way too much mag pul on it.

2. Joshpeck

Joshpeck Member

Eau Claire
    I HATE peq boxes so don't say that as a alternative.

3. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Wire your gun to the back and put the battery in your stock or get a battery bag for the stock.
    All the Rail systems i've used have zero room for a battery except the front handguard on a G36 I had.

4. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    It can't. There are a couple of oversized rails that were designed to hold batteries, but honestly, they look like crap. I also haven't seen them on sale since crane stocks and buffer tube lipos got popular. They might still be floating around if you dig, but wiring your gun to the rear is a much better option.

5. Joshpeck

Joshpeck Member

Eau Claire
  6. Joshpeck

Joshpeck Member

Eau Claire
    Also I got a king arms both a bolt catch and this gun dosent like being taken apart, I had to get it fixed because it got f'd up. Plus I have no experience inside the gearbox :/

7. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Option 1 - Find someone who knows what they are doing ( maybe a shop if you have one ) and have them wire the gun to the back. This will allow you to get almost any rail system you want as well as leaving you with a few options for battery. ( buffer tube, battery bag, crane stock, etc... )

Option 2 - Suck it up and get a rail system and run a PEQ box. They make small ones that don't look bad.

Option 3 - Look around for a oversized rail like knief said.

Option 4 - Leave gun as is

option 5 - Go with the magpul front end. I know you said you don't want to much magpull but if you REALLY want a RIS then you might have to.

What is your best option ? IMO wiring the gun to the back. This leaves you with several options for the battery and you don't have to worry about finding a RIS that will hold a battery. But in the end it's up to you.

8. Joshpeck

Joshpeck Member

Eau Claire
    Ya i have been thinking that I will go with a magpul.

9. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    That would probaly be the cheapest option and they are easy to find and look good.