Need help/info with setting up HPA and what platform to base it on.

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by TacticalChef, Jan 2, 2013.

1. TacticalChef

TacticalChef Member

San Francisco
    So here's my situation:
    I read the thread about the WE M14 EBR someone was going to set up for HPA and thought this would be a great mod to my m14. I currently use it a a DMR of sorts, I recently acquired an RA Tech bucking for it and after i install it this seemed like a logical move, as more fps+more consistent fps+no cooldown+hopefully more range seems like a good deal. i was hoping someone has maybe gone down this path before me and could let me know what I'd be getting into, with regards to the WE M14 specifically.

I have also been looking into a KJW m700 and doing the same thing, tapping the mags, making a sniper platform. i was considering this because, as much as i love the M14, it's heavy. I have been torn about replacing it for a while now. Any thoughts guys?

And last but most definitely not least, I would love any sort of info on HPA setups you guys have. I know a bit from reading around and have some compressed gas/liquid handing experience from my paintball days, but any insights/common mistakes or things you learned doing your setup are appreciated.

2. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    Well, one overlooked thing is often the compactness and weight of the rig. I suggest against HPA rigging an m14 EBR as they are heavy. Lol. I'd rather grab an NPAS and all the RA tech internal upgrades.

Go with a KJW m700. They're fun little project guns.

3. TacticalChef

TacticalChef Member

San Francisco
    I usually run with a can of propane in my dump pouch so it's not that much more weight for a remote line is it? I'm looking into getting a VN era m14 stock for $25, it's about 2# lighter.

what sorts of things would i look into replacing/ upgrading on the KJW? and I hear people throw around the word tuning like their guns are full of knobs and switches. what does that really mean?