Need Help KWA LM4 Issue

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Magpul1, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Magpul1

Magpul1 New Member

Huntington
    As you can tell by the title I’ll keep this short. On my opening shot I was able to get off a few bbS until all of the gas blew out. After trying the next magazine I couldn’t get a shot off without all the gas blowing out again. I refilled and experienced the same issue.

2. ButterZeMuffins

ButterZeMuffins New Member

I would check the seals on your magazine. Its possible the gas release button may have a faulty o-ring or something. The only other thing I can think of is your hammer may be pressing the gas release on insertion of a magazine. If it ain't your magazine I would check there next. Anyone else got any ideas? I haven't been able to witness this issue on my GBBR so I'm kinda at a loss.

3. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    If you are not filling your mags correctly...this is a sign of the issue you are describing.

How are you filling your mags? Are the mags cold when you fill it?

4. Magpul1

Magpul1 New Member

Huntington
    Thank you I’ll check for that today

5. Magpul1

Magpul1 New Member

Huntington
    No the mags don’t get cold but sometimes as I’m filling gas will blow back

6. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    You are filling it wrong. Your not putting enough gas in and the mag is exhibiting the normal out gas from low pressure.

PV=nRT - Ideal Gas Law...know this and you will know gas guns. This is basic high school science and this is how this works.

Gas delivery device "must" be warmer than the gas receptacle device.

Pre-Chill the mags in the refrigerator for 30 minutes and then fill. Do NOT use the count system when filling gas, it is wrong in so many ways.

If you are in the field..you can pre-chill a mag by giving the mag a shot of gas and then venting it in full immediately. This will drop the mag temp. Then you fill the chilled mag until the "sound" stops...i.e. the sound of liquid gas flowing from warmer source canister to the cooler magazine.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  7. Magpul1

Magpul1 New Member

Huntington
    Thank you so much I tried this method and it worked perfectly.

aotsukisho likes this.