Need help on Maxx ME LED install

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Woody121, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Woody121

Woody121 New Member

Edmonton
    So I have installed the new hop up. LED lights up when hooked to battery direct (so wiring harness and LED are proven functional). New high torque SHS motor cycles perfectly when tested (in place of factory motor, so motor, mosfet and wiring to battery all function).
    However the moment that I hook up the LED (to run off the motor so it only goes off on trigger pull, as advertised) the motor only does one slow spin, the LED light doesn’t light up, and upon unhooking and reattaching the battery five successive beeps sound and it will not operate.
    I am lost…
    And just to answer the basics,
    LIPO 11.1 30c valken stick battery (confirmed as fully charged just prior to testing)
    Deans connectors
    And all parts function as desired and advertised prior to screwing down the connectors to the motor.
    Any ideas?

2. Woody121

Woody121 New Member

Edmonton
    Oh. It’s a G&G ARP556 V1 (the all metal version, not the V2)

3. Spacemonkey

Spacemonkey New Member

Auckland
    The 5 beeps are an error code from the mosfet? What does the code mean, low voltage? If so can you disable low voltage protection?

4. Woody121

Woody121 New Member

Edmonton
    Yes, it means low voltage from what I can research. Is disabling that even an option?

5. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    If your battery is "charged" and the Mosfet is beeping on low voltage...perhaps your battery is not charged to a sufficient level.

6. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Well-Known Member

Are you installing the motor when pulling the trigger? G&G's ETU system has cycle detection so if the position of the sector (more specifically the state of the cutoff lever) doesn't change it assumes something's wrong and enters an error state.

I cannot see in any documentation that the G&G controller is active braking type, but you don't want anything else on the motor end of the circuit if you can avoid it. I personally would install directly to the battery connector, especially if it works when you tested.

Also note:
    upload_2021-10-21_10-53-55.png
    G&G's recent AEGs are not standard TM v2, they use their own G2 gearbox with an ETU plus external controller. Not sure what Maxx is looking at, neither Krytac or KWA have TM v2 gearboxes either - Krytacs have an external controller as well, while KWA's triggers are 'standard' v2 type even if they are mechanically incompatible with TM.

If the motor still doesn't work when installed, my guess is the G&G controller sees the LED current draw as leakage which messes with its feedback loop causing an error state. Unfortunately I cannot confirm as I have a Titan in my ARP9 v2 and have sold the AEG with my ARP9's original gearbox in it.

Regarding the disabling LVC, I don't think it's possible - a very common early complaint with G&G's v1 controller was that cell detection was bad and often 2s lipo users would hit LVC even with mildly discharged batteries rendering the gun inoperable.

7. Spacemonkey

Spacemonkey New Member

Auckland
  8. Woody121

Woody121 New Member

Edmonton
    Wow… all of this is great…
    So first is get a better battery 20c or less by what I read, and maybe a 4 cell as the current one is 3 cell 30c.
    Next will be removing the Perun mosfet and instal a gate titan.
    Sucks you can’t disable the LVW.
    And yes I am testing with the motor out of the gun with no load on it and it goes into LVW.

9. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Ummm...that would be a no on the 20 or less.

10. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Well-Known Member

Higher C is always better (diminishing returns aside), and do not use a 4s lipo unless you're certain the electronics can handle it (the Perun can). Manufacturers recommend low-C because they only sell low-C batteries

You need to test with the motor inside the gun for reasons I stated above

11. Woody121

Woody121 New Member

Edmonton
    Oh man…. Ok, later tonight then I will put the motor in and test…
    I will post results.
    So frustrating… a product should work as advertised without all of this tomfoolery

12. Woody121

Woody121 New Member

Edmonton
    Well, motor in, without led runs like a charm. With led fires once then half strokes and stops with the ETU doing the five beeps.

I’m at a loss

13. OutlawAirsoft

OutlawAirsoft Active Member

Hamilton
    Is this a Perun Hybrid? They have soldier points specifically for tracers. You might try those instead of the motor leads.

aotsukisho and Spacemonkey like this.
  14. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Sadly I have to say this again.

This is Airsoft, American Consumerism does not apply. Nothing is made to a standard, more to a guideline (and getting worse over the last 5 years) and things will NOT improve.

You get what you pay for and this is a no warranty implied industry.

And with that good luck...it is exponentially getting harder to change things out, add items or to swap items between brands.

15. Woody121

Woody121 New Member

Edmonton
    I am quickly discovering this…. I am disheartened (being somewhat of a noob) that someone experienced as yourself doesn’t see this trend improving.
    Well, I am leaving the LED disconnected since the gun will work properly without it.

16. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Airsoft is becoming more and more like a vehicle industry.

Each maker has their own line: AR, Sedans, AK, Pick-up trucks,....etc. But you can't take a part from Maker F and put it on Maker G...