Need Help On Newbie Tech Coming Through

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Jazibo, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Jazibo

Jazibo New Member

Livermore/pleasonton area
    I have a umarex h&k g&g mp5 a4 model and want to upgrade to a m130 spring.
    The last thing i want to do is break the gearbox or strip the gears so i need to know what i need to know what to upgrade to be safe.

2. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    Well, it's possible you can just drop that spring in and it will work, given you've tuned the gearbox. If it doesn't, the only thing you'd need to upgrade is the motor, everything else can handle that spring.

Again, don't forget tuning. AoE and shimming are at the top of the list for a reliable gun.

3. Jazibo

Jazibo New Member

thank you how would i go about doing this tune up?

and could you go more in depth about this aoe and shiming because i want a reliable gun no doubt.

thank you for your time maybe you could redirect me to youtube videos?

4. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    If you look in the pinned topics on this forum, you will find what you are looking for and more. Read through them, learn about how your gun works, learn about what you need to do to make a gun work well.

Google is your friend, don't be afraid to do a little research.

5. Jazibo

Jazibo New Member

ok im sorry i dont have the best internet connection so it can be frustrating to use google but one last question what motor would you recomend?

6. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    Never be afraid to ask a question if you can't find the answer on your own.

Currently, Lonex motors are very popular, and for good reason. If you want a new motor, get a Lonex motor.

7. Jazibo

Jazibo New Member

Thanks for all your help i really appreaciate it thanks -jazibo