Need help on version 2 gearbox

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by gr_vander, Dec 2, 2012.

1. gr_vander

gr_vander New Member

Dallas
    Alright so I was out playing I at the time was using my newly purchased pistol
    And my friend was using my m4 I don't know what happened but the gearbox got jammed somehow so I saw tutorials on how to open up the gun. After successfully doing so, I had the gearbox in front of me. The anti reversal latch method wasn't working so I decided to open the gearbox. (The only reason I had the courage to do this was because I was able to fix a version 6 gearbox with the same problem.) so I popped it open cleaned all the parts watched a video on how to put it back together and then when I tryed putting the other half of the gearbox on it didn't fit. So I bagged up everything until I could work up the power to try again.

My gun is in chunks now because I put everything else back together. All I need to do is figure out the gearbox and get some help from you guys if you need any additional information please ask. (I have everything in the gearbox right now except the spring, spring guide, piston, and anti reversal latch) just need help with those

Thank you

2. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    Wait, do you need help, or are you giving help? Cause your gun is broken it sounds like.

3. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Just keep trying man, it's not all cut and dry. If you can't get it to fit just try putting all the stuff in again.

4. gr_vander

gr_vander New Member

Dallas
    I need help I think I may just bring it to my local shop I know the guy there and he knows a lot about this stuff

5. gr_vander

gr_vander New Member

Dallas
    Thanks for the inspiration I'm gonna try again tommarow I just don't wanna mess up the shims and have it shimmed badly and break a tooth but the shims are the same right now as they were do you know if I can post pictures of the gearbox to show you?

6. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    Yes you can.

We will help you in any way possible.

7. LegacyAirsoft

LegacyAirsoft You can say I tech a little... Moderator

Massachusetts
    Deffinately post pics because it will let us help you out easier, so far from what I can tell it was most likely one of these things:
    -Trigger or trigger spring was stuck between gb shells
    -Shimmed too tight/bushing was in incorrectly
    -Anti reversal latch didn't line up with its spot correctly
    -Or most likely some wiring came out of its spot and is preventing the gb from shutting.

I had this problem the first time I opened a v2 and literally all you can do is take it apart and try again and again. Hope this helps ;)

8. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Trial and Error now lol :) you dont need to take it to your local shop just yet ;)

you got it dissasembled, now the challenge of getting it back together is here lol

just work how you did backwards :) make sure all the parts are how they should be. All the springs are in place, and all the misc stuff are not protruding out of the gearbox :)

9. LegacyAirsoft

Massachusetts
    The biggest tip I could give is focus on the smaller parts when putting back your gb, it's not as easy as taking it apart. Out of the 20 times I've teched my scar only once have I got it back together on the first try, jut keep going and DON'T get too frustrated.

10. gr_vander

gr_vander New Member

Dallas
    Hey thanks everyone I'm gonna post some pics when I get home the anti reversal latch is a pain in the butt I'm gonna keep trying and if I can't get it within this month I'm gonna bring it into the shop oh and if your wondering its a lancer tactical full length with rails

I think it would help if I had some silicone oil

Oh and one last thing I can get it to close without the spring and piston so maybe that may be the problem

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  11. gr_vander

gr_vander New Member

Dallas
    Do you think I should switch out the bearings for bushings I have bushings available to me

12. gr_vander

gr_vander New Member

Dallas

image-1091229134.jpg

Does this look right so far?

13. gr_vander

gr_vander New Member

Dallas

image-2213218027.jpg

And this? Did I get everything right?

14. gr_vander

gr_vander New Member

Dallas
    Hey I got the thing to close!

image-2214144819.jpg

I don't know about starting it yet I'm a bit scared about the air nozzle the only way it would fit was if it was on the side of the little thing on the sector gear (gear that pulls back piston) I don't want my air nozzle to break

15. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Good job man!I'd try and run it,Nothing ventured nothing gained!

16. LegacyAirsoft

Massachusetts
    Nice job, I think u mean that the air nozzle is resting on the tappet plate? If so. As long as its sturdy, u did I right. Give it a go and if something happens it can always be fixed afterwards ;)

17. gr_vander

gr_vander New Member

Dallas
    Alright thanks I really wish I had a magnetic screwdriver to ease the process of putting the pistol grip back on that screw is hard to get in place with your finger

18. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Now that you can succesfully get a gb back togethor,try shimming and othe diy mods.

19. Duke

Duke New Member

You ready? I'm about to make your day. Holding a magnet, (such as the motor) to a screwdriver and dragging it along the shaft will temporarily magnetize your screwdriver.

20. gr_vander

gr_vander New Member

Dallas
    Thanks! You helped me awesomely!