Need help with a g36 drum magazine wiring

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by ibrandon9, Jan 3, 2016.

1. ibrandon9

ibrandon9 New Member

So I've had this broken drum magazine sitting in my collection for a long time with wiring problems, where a few wires have come off their soldering points and I have no idea where they belong. Does someone have a drum magazine they can pop off the back for me and take a picture of their wiring so I can try and repair this thing? Fixing this would put the icing on the cake for my high RoF G36.

Thanks!

2. ibrandon9

ibrandon9 New Member

3. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    Post a picture of your insides and I'll walk you through it. It should wire much like a C-mag, unless it is sound activated, then I would recommend converting it to a pressure switch or trigger activation.
    http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forum...ft-engineering-tricks-tips-106984/index3.html

If you need to convert it, check out this thread (^) posts #91 through #94 and #114 through #116 for a general description of the necessary steps and parts needed. Granted, the method described there is for a different type of boxmag, but my experience tells me they all wire basically the same.

If you still want a walk through, I'll be glad to help.

4. ibrandon9

ibrandon9 New Member

That would be fantastic. It is sound activated but I'll probably go with trigger activation I just need to find my pressure switch. The wiring is a little different from the M249, and seems similar to the 114-116.

Here is the album containing the pictures. If you need a better look at the wiring, I'd be happy to post more. The initial soldering job on this magazine is abysmal.

We can also just ignore the wires for the charging port (which is broken) because I have an alternative way to charge the battery.

http://imgur.com/a/qLNx8

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  5. BoogerMc

Akron
    It is wired much the same as the M249 before I removed all that sound activation mess. If you follow the steps I outline in my tutorial, you can wire it to your gun's trigger and battery, thus eliminating the need for extra batteries in the boxmag.I will say one thing though, depending on the voltage requirements of your boxmag's motor, you may have to change or eliminate the resistor. If your motor used 3 volts or less, nothing changes, but if it used more, changes may be needed.

I will elaborate more once I can get to my laptop, it's difficult to type a lot on my phone.

6. ibrandon9

ibrandon9 New Member

Would this require me to rewire my gun? Biggest thing for me is finding out where the motor wire and the stray black wire goes.

The battery inside of the magazine is an 8.4v NiMH. I'm not positive on the voltage requirements of the motor though. My gun is running an 11.1V LiPo. I'll take a second look at the M249 in the thread.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  7. BoogerMc

Akron
    Could you post a picture of your boxmag battery because that's a very large voltage for those small motors.

To answer your rewiring question, you will need to add one wire to your trigger contacts and two others to your gun's battery connection. This would also be a good time to consider switching to Deans connectors if you haven't already.

I'll be able to sit down Friday and discuss things further, PM me and I'll give you my email so we can talk easier, if your cool with this.

8. ibrandon9

ibrandon9 New Member

Oops! My apologies. It's actually a 4.8v. I guess I thought my memory was better than that.
    [​IMG]

I've already rewired my gun using this diagram and deans connectors.
    [​IMG]

That sounds great. Thank you for your time.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  9. BoogerMc

Akron
    Yeah, that's more like it and in fact is the same battery pack in a friends C-mag I just rewired to work from his trigger. As luck would have it, his also has a MOSFET, but not like yours. However, wiring should be very similar with a few tests to determine the proper connection points.