Need help with a German ww2 loadout.

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Retrospection, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Retrospection

Retrospection New Member

Kimballton
    Ok, I'm wanting to do a German world war two loadout and cannot decide if my choice of primary is good. Since shoei fg42's are very costly and rare, my second favorite ww2 gun is the STG-44, which I can get an AGM with real wood and full metal on ehobbyasia for only 180$. From the specs, price, and reviews, it seems good to me, but I'm not too sure, if there is a better brand or price somewhere I'd highly appreciate it. If you know of a different brand, my price range is around 200$, 250$ the most. Thanks.

2. TheDraconicTyr

TheDraconicTyr New Member

Go with the stg 44. The real wood and metal are a great factor and I've seen them on the field and they are very affective. Also Its also a personal favorite of mine.

3. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    You can get the Stg on Evike for the same price and you won't have to pay a lot on shipping. (Depending on where you live, assuming US).

4. Retrospection

Retrospection New Member

Kimballton
    i know what i need. i don't know what i want. i'm asking the opinion's of people to see if i should get this for my loadout or not. Depending on if i can find a better deal. You dont have to "back-seat moderate" as Knief would put it, but thanks.

And havok, with ehobbyasia its free shipping for only 180$. so if i went with that i'd still be spending like 20$ to ship.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  5. TheDraconicTyr

TheDraconicTyr New Member

Ehobbyasia Is a great place to get ww2 guns and the stg 44 you referring to is a great gun

6. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

I dont think asking someone to search the forum is "back seat moderating" as it is what every member should do before posting a question. I am sure that this question has been answered, and searching could help you along to that answer you are looking for.

7. hakdaddy

hakdaddy New Member

The STG is probably the best ww2 German gun you can get for that price range, and if you can get free shipping even better. Excepting of course a Luger, but I mean come on I don't even really have to say that do I? It should be implied. However if you are willing to look at Russian WW2 guns I've heard some great stuff about the PPSH.

8. alexalpha

alexalpha New Member

Portland
    Well with a load out it depends on what you're dressed as, for example the FG 42 was limited towards the Fallschirmjäger, and the P08 was an uncommon side arm for the Heer. If you're aiming towards standard infantry I would suggest getting a P38, and an MP 40. The StG 44 was another uncommon infantry weapon, it was very rarely issued to standard Heer infantry and it usually issued to the elite like the Waffen SS.

9. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    You got it wrong. Giving you a link has nothing to do with back-seat moderating.

And he is right. You can perfectly use the thread you have been linked too. Remember that in the the future.

10. Retrospection

Retrospection New Member

Kimballton
    I'm aware that the stg44 is rare and that's also partly the reason I want it, and I'm aware that the SS used it more than any other troop, which is what I'm going for, as weird as it may seem.

I'm sorry Shifty, but the way he put it, it seemed to me like the answer to my question was there and therefore my thread should be void, but I've only got a couple real opinions.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  11. Retrospection

Retrospection New Member

Kimballton
    Just an update. Ordering the stg next/this coming Friday. I know it's a little late but I like to plan ahead.

Stg will be here Tuesday.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  12. Retrospection

Retrospection New Member

Kimballton
    After research, I've found a genuine German WW2 helmet for 90$, and I've found that dot-44 camouflage which is what is needed for the schutzstaffel storm trooper unit. After a couple months when my funds rejuvenate, I'll be an SS Storm Trooper. I find it even cooler, considering I've got a good portion of German in me.