Need help with build

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by tritacleader, Dec 18, 2012.

1. tritacleader

tritacleader New Member

tulsa
    I am try to make as close of a replica to a remington 700 sur sniper rifle. The base gun i am trying to use is a jg bar ten spec but I need to find a way to replicate the stock and get an extended rail. If you having any recommendations on any part of my build please let me know. I am also upgrading the internals of this gun but will do so after I replicate the externals. Here are some Images of the gun I am try to replicate. The rail on the gun in the picture is a little funny I just want a, regular but thin if possible, (doesn't touch the gun but only in a few spots)extended ris for a scope. Thanks to all that help:D

Attached Files:

2. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton

3. tritacleader

tritacleader New Member

tulsa
    Hey man thanks for the help but will this suppressor replace the one on the g spec already and fit the gun right?

4. tritacleader

tritacleader New Member

tulsa
    Ok the suppressor question is stil out there(will the suppressor above fit and replace the one that comes with a gspec) an my biggest worry now is the stock anyone have any ideas. Thanks

5. tritacleader

tritacleader New Member

tulsa
    Ok so I have the rails but I still don't know if the suppressor will the gun. I also still need the main part which is the stock of the gun. Thanks

6. Broadway

Broadway New Member

Buy a real Remington 700 stock...

7. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
  8. tritacleader

tritacleader New Member

tulsa
    Awesome I I get a stock without a cheek witch one would you recvomend

9. tritacleader

tritacleader New Member

tulsa
    ok i was thinking trading and starting with and m24 based on recommendation. So now I'm trying to find out if the gun would be to long with a silencer because i want it suppressed. I also have to find a new extended rail for the top. The final part will be the cheek rest and scopes...just need recommendations. Thanks

10. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    In that case search for a CA M24. You'll probably have to buy it used, but It's worth your money. Check around various Classifieds on different forums. I'm sure you can get one for a good price. All the other spring powered M24 don't even compare (Echo 1, Snow-wolf, all those ones just can't compete).

11. tritacleader

tritacleader New Member

tulsa
    Is this the m24 you are talking about so I know what to look for on the classifieds. Thanks

12. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
  13. tritacleader

tritacleader New Member

tulsa
    Ok so should I buy that one or find one on a forum. Oh and thanks for the link.

14. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    That particular one is alright, although I'd change a few things if you where to buy it (inner barrel, piston, etc.) Another issue is the lack of magazine with the rifle, and unless you choose to mod a new one, buying the actual CA M24 mags is usually tough.

But keep looking around, you may even find one cheaper. I just posted that one because I'm on that forum as well and I recalled that thread being put up quite recently.

15. tritacleader

tritacleader New Member

tulsa
    Oh and which version do the ca m24 do you think is best for my build, the civi, the socom, or the military.

16. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    There's two versions, socom civilian (smooth barrel) and the socom military (fluted barrel). The only difference is the look of them, and the military model weighs ever so slightly less. So whatever model you want/can find really.

17. tritacleader

tritacleader New Member

tulsa
    ok thanks will update parts list and many a pic soon need to find an m24

18. tritacleader

tritacleader New Member

tulsa
    Still need to find an m24 any recommendations

19. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
  20. tritacleader

tritacleader New Member

tulsa
    Ahh we'll that sucks does anyone have any new recommendations based of a base gun change to a ca m24. If you see and unupgraded or slightly upgraded ca m24 please tell me by pot or pm. I would also like to know of and internal parts or scope recommendations you guys have.Thanks