need help with F226

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by TAPairsoftjericho, Dec 26, 2012.

1. TAPairsoftjericho

TAPairsoftjericho New Member

Garden Grove
    Guys my We F226 has a problem. The feeding nozzle keeps on getting stuck in the hop up assembly it seems to be catching on the hop up rubber. What should I do to fix this? Shave the nozzle or rubber? Or maybe sand a little bit of the barrel. I put a new raven pdi 6.01mm barrel in it and a nine ball piston head. Help guys!!!!!!

2. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    Maybe you could try disassembling then reassembling the hop up.

3. TAPairsoftjericho

Garden Grove
  4. TAPairsoftjericho

Garden Grove
    I have already done that multiple times

5. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    How Long have you had that gun and how often do you use it? It kinda looks like the tip if your feeding nozzle is a bit scuffed up. Maybe a new one would solve the problem if that's the case.

6. TAPairsoftjericho

Garden Grove
    Almost brand new as in like 2 weeks old

7. TAPairsoftjericho

Garden Grove
    It was getting stuck before that.

8. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    So how exactly is it getting stuck?

9. TAPairsoftjericho

Garden Grove
    Alright so when the gun begins to blowback the nozzle gets stuck in the hop up chamber and stays there and causes the gas to go out completely

10. TAPairsoftjericho

Garden Grove
    Update I have figured out the problem the piston head in the nozzle was effed up so I straighten that out and it works flawlessly now I assume that the head was letting to much gas to escape which wasn't letting the gun blowback.

11. TAPairsoftjericho

Garden Grove
  12. EvilCookie

EvilCookie New Member

MIRAMAR
    Hello guys,

Rather than create a new thread, I figured I'd bump this one up as I found this thread from searching on google.

I own a HK3 P226 navy which is the same as the F226 without rail, just with trademarks. I'm having the same issues as OP. The nozzle sticks into my hopup chamber like shown in the picture below.

[​IMG]

The main problem I'm having is that the BBs are rolling out of the barrel when I rack the slide or fire the pistol. Sometimes it will fire fine while other times the BB will roll out or shoot with low FPS or eject out of the chamber as its firing (like spent casings do on a real pistol). Its quite random.

Now, I've taken the nozzle apart as far as it can go and inspected all the parts as well as lubed them up so they can move freely. I removed the piston head as suggested by the OP as that is what fixed his problem but I did not notice it to be seated incorrectly.

Assembled the gun back together and I'm still having the same issue. I've also taken apart the hopup assembly and everything seems to be fine. Here is a picture below.

[​IMG]

The pistol fired just fine when I received it but I had gas inefficiency issues (only 10 shots on full gas charge). I took the slide apart and regreased the gun and this seemed to have fixed the problem but then the feeding issues popped up. Due not, the nozzle has been sticking since day 1.

If anyone knowledgeable with the WE 226 could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  13. EvilCookie

EvilCookie New Member

MIRAMAR
    If I had to guess as to why it is having this issues, I'd guess it is because the nozzle is sticking far too forward thus pushing the BB past the hopup. The since the bbs are past the hop up, the bbs are not held and then roll out the barrel. I'm just not sure what I can do about that as everything seems to be installed correctly.

I did notice something when I pulled the blowback unit out of the slide. When I pushed the nozzle forward with my finger, if I let it go gently, the nozzle is held stuck forward passed the rubber piston head. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of this but I can take one if it helps. Could this be the issue? I wish I had another WE F226 to compare.

14. elrasho

elrasho New Member

Hey EvilCookie did you manage to fix this problem? I'm having the same issue :(