Need help with getting a good aeg

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by shoot-him-in-the-nuts, Nov 3, 2009.

1. shoot-him-in-the-nuts

shoot-him-in-the-nuts New Member

i need an aeg that is better than a g36c

My freind has a echo 1 g36c and destroys me everytime in airsoft. It has a fps of about 360 and is pretty accuate. If someone could tell me an inexpensive aeg that could beat him, it would make my day.

NOTE FROM HAIRYMAN,,,,please keep your post's on the tasteful side,,I have taken the liberty of removing the offending word from your post,,enjoy the forum.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2009
  2. Robin-Hood

Robin-Hood Active Member

The JG/Echo 1 G36C is a great gun.

You are approcahing this COMPLETETLY the wrong way. A gun doesn't win matches, a player does.

Have a look at JG, Echo 1, Cyma DBoys, A&K, AGM, G&G Plastica, etc. They should almost all be good for price/performance.

I recommend looking at G&G Combat Machine, JG guns & Cyma AKs.

3. Griffin

Griffin Active Member Supporting Member

What is your price range?

What type of place do you play at? (Mid Range, Close Quarter Battle, Field, Long Range, etc.)

What type of models of guns do you like?

Once you give me that info I will be able to help.

It's not about your gun's quality. It's about the skill you have. If you don't have any skill but have a high quality gun, and another person that has lots of skill has a low quality gun, he could easily beat you because you have no skill. (I am not saying you have no skill, it was just a example.)

Thanks.

-Griffin

4. hairyman

hairyman New Member Supporting Member

Dublin
    Galaxy MP5 PDW,,one tough little SOB of an AEG that can hit hard,,note the stock battery is garbage,,,it will do but its worth getting a better battery over time.

5. G36fanatic...

G36fanatic... Supporting Member Supporting Member

Boulder
    Echo 1 G36K is my vote. you have the choice of a scope or iron sights and its only like $160 I think. For the internals, is a great deal. Again, get a nice 9.6v battery. the stock one is crap. Also, a systema tight bore barrel will increase your accuracy a huge ammount. You think your buddies gun is accurate, wait till you see a longer gun with a better barrel. Also use .25 BBs This is the cheapest and best set up for you that I can think of. But most of all, you must get better yourself. I can use a stock gun and I'll beat my friends 8 out of 10 times when its 2 on 1. Search around the forum and ask questions. Its the only way you will get better.

6. shoot-him-in-the-nuts

My freinds and i all play airsoft together ameturely. We all go up against my 1 freind because he has a echo 1 g36c and the rest of us are using spring pistols and bad aegs from walmart and he destroys us. We play in a field with no cover and a forest with little cover. Its all at far distances, like at 150 ft to 300 feet. I need a gun to level the playing field. Something in the 100-250 dollar range, it needs to hurt more than the g36c

7. Griffin

You already made a thread very similar to this...

First off, it's not about how much your gun hurts or how much FPS it has. It's about the skill you have. Some airsoft player may have a spring M14 that shoots 250 FPS and he is very skilled and another airsoft player may have a KWA M4 that shoots 400+ FPS but does not have much skill, the skilled player with the Spring M14 could take out the other player with the KWA M4 that shoots 400+ FPS because of the skill he has. Sure, a good gun does help, but it is mainly about skill.

The best gun in my opinion that you can get for under $250 would definitely have to be the JG AUG A3.

Amazing internals, great externals, great performance, comes stock with a MOSFET. Overall it is a great gun.

It out-performs any other gun under $250, out of the box, in my opinion.

Compared to other guns under $250, it has some of the best internals. Nice FPS and accurate so perfect for mid to long range combat.

Check out this review for it: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055373171

-Griffin

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  8. DAYWALKER

DAYWALKER New Member

Pasadena
    You do not need a gun that hurts. And I agree with Lord Griffin that you should get a JG.

9. shoot-him-in-the-nuts

We dont play the conventional way, we play until we are to tired of being shot that we give up. We dont use armor

10. shoot-him-in-the-nuts

and can i find upgrades for this gun, if so where can i find them

11. shoot-him-in-the-nuts

Jg aug a3

Where can I buy this gun? Where can I get the upgrades? What bb wieght should I use? I MUST KNOW!!!

12. Dragonfury

Dragonfury New Member

Rochester
    airsoftgi, evike, airsoftmegastore are some places, upgrades i get mostly from airsoftgi. with my aug a3 i stick with .25 but thats just a preference thing

13. hairyman

Dublin
    So what your telling me is that you just want a cheap as chips aeg that will hurt like hell while you run around your back yard after your mate,,,now i see.

Should of really known,,i mean look at what you call yourself,its guys like yourself that give this sport/hobby a bad name.

14. Wow. I would've expected you to give him a bit of advice mate not a good clobbering. He's new to the sport whats the difference? Maybe in a year or two He'll know what he's talking about. We all start somewhere. And I'm pretty sure it's not noobs that give our beloved sport a bad name. It might be those dumb*** kids who go out and shoot at cars, houses and animals. Granted, his name is a bit childish but that's me and I don't want to argue so there we are.

I'd go with a JG, the only good company that makes cheap guns. If your willing to spend a bit more, maybe a G&G. G&G is a very good company and all of their guns come with a 6.035mm high precision barrel already put in so it's a good accurate gun right out of the box. It's not the FPS you have, it's if you can hit the target. May I suggest the G&G MP5? It's 170$, has a high precision barrel, shoots 360 FPS and has an array of upgrades inside. It has a full metal gear box with steel gears meaning it's solid inside and not going to wear down anytime soon. It should out-shoot your buddies JG right out of the box. Here's a link ( G&G MP5 A4 Airsoft Electric AEG Plastic )

Oh and I agree with Lord Griffin. A gun with solid FPS helps but if you familiarize yourself with your gun and shoot well, you should out-strip your buddies.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  15. Oh and as for upgrades, buying the G&G I think the only thing you'd wanna fix inside would be to throw a new stronger spring in to give a boost to FPS but I've never done anything internally so I'm not sure about any of it. Just Google airsoft upgrades and I'm sure you'll find what you need.

16. Griffin

You have made many threads about the same thing...

One of the cheapest places you can get it from a reliable retailer is here: Metal JG Jing Gong AUG A3 - (400 fps w/ .20g): Airsoft guns online toy gun store Kapowwe Only $190 which is cheaper then Evike and AirsoftGI.

Use high quality (Airsoft Elite, Matrix, PM me for other good bb brands) .25G bb's with it. They will give you best results.

What is your price range for upgrades?

Thanks.

-Griffin

17. Robin-Hood

Robin-Hood Active Member

I merged your threads because there was about 3 all asking the same question. :)

18. hairyman

Dublin

First,,i never called him a noob or anything like that.

Second,,If you did not want to argue about it then why involve yourself,,but what's done is done.

Yes I may of been a bit harsh,,but its seems to me that Mr Shoot him in the nuts is looking for something that can hurt his friend rather than be competitive,,,,and i don't know about you but that's not the way I play.

19. Zarknorg

Zarknorg New Member

Vancouver
  20. Griffin

In my opinion, Evike.com is the best place to shop for accessories and upgrades. While AirsoftGI is the best place to purchase your guns.

Evike seems to have a much bigger selection of accessories and upgrades then AirsoftGI does.

-Griffin