Need help with ideas for structures for a field

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Southpawlegend, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Southpawlegend

Southpawlegend New Member

Salisbury
    We have this field and is relatively open in the middle and we were thing to put some sorta "structures" up to make the game a little more dynamic any suggestions would be appreciated

I have regualar access to pallets

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  2. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    Quite a few of the fields I've been to have used barrels/oil drums as cover/obstacles/capture and hold the oil depot...I'm guessing they can't be that hard to get your hands on since so many places have them, and they're really easy to maneuver.

An alternative to barrels might be large tires that you could stack on top of each other.

Another option could be wooden pallets. Maybe put two stakes in the ground and either rest the pallets against them, or put the stakes through the gaps in the base of the pallet. You could scatter these around the open space...

I'm assuming you don't have the means to build a mini building..

3. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
    Idk yet kinda scavenging free stuff at the moment

4. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    The dump would be a great place to go...there must be tons of things you could clean up (or not) and put up as cover

5. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
    I was just thinking that myself :) thank you

Was trying to make a tower if anyone has any suggestions for that

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  6. South

South New Member

Winnipeg
    Using pallets you can make a bunker:

dig a hole waste or chest height, wide enough fit a couple of people in fairly comfortably (with gear)
    take several pallets and with each:
    - pick one end, where the ends of the 2x4 are both visible
    - take off the first couple of slats (the 1x3 or 1x4 pieces) from the top and bottom of that end
    - sharpen the exposed posts
    - lift the pallet verticle from the opposite so the sharp ends are facing down

When you're done, hammer it in around the outside of your hole, repeating this process until you have surrounded it.

If you want (and have the material) you can lattice the top and even lay sod (or the grass you saved when you started the hole)

7. I_Am_Coopa

I_Am_Coopa New Member Supporting Member

Escanaba
    Sandbags work great because they are cheap and can be used to make many different things. Another great thing is using plywood and 2x4s to make jersey barriers, easy and effective.

8. TheLost

TheLost Conductor of the Poop Train Supporting Member

Westerville
    Your first post and you're already putting out awesome ideas. I like this a lot . I want to see some pictures of something like this.

9. South

South New Member

Winnipeg
    someone wanted pictures? this isn't real but it's illustrative... <3 mspaint :p
    [​IMG]

10. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
    Bump it up more construction at the field

11. Raven1st

Raven1st Well-Known Member

San Ramon valley
    Sand bags are a great idea, and you can always use 55gal trash bags and fill with leaves, grass, dirt snow, etc.
    They would only last a month or two, but they are cheap and easy to use/build.

I also have found that running a stake through several bags can help them stand up.

12. WreckedSmidge

WreckedSmidge New Member

Pittsburgh, Pa
    Go to a public park with a big amount of woods and sometimes you will find cool stuff you could use to build up fortifications