Need help with microswitch in ak bullpup build

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by joefoesho13, Jul 29, 2012.

1. joefoesho13

joefoesho13 New Member

Hi, I am going to do an AK bullpup build and basically I have everything figured out and I have an image of what it is going to look like. I'm going to use a cyma ak with ris and buy another ris and position it with bondo to form a hand guard. Additionally I will use bondo to make a stock with cut up abs plastic and a rubber butt pad and cheek pad. The trigger will be a kingman paintball agrip and trigger frame. All i need to know is how to make the front trigger activate the rear trigger or activate thos trigger contacts or whatever to fire the gun. I have heard you can use a microswitch but I do not know what that is so I would really appreciate it if someone on here could explain to me this microswitch way to fire the gun or any other method really. Thanks!!!
    This is what it should look like:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  2. Adman234

Adman234 Active Member

Wildwood
    Do you need to keep the semi-auto function?

If so, then you cannot just use a microswitch. You will need to either rig up an advanced mosfet system or connect the 2 triggers together.

3. joefoesho13

joefoesho13 New Member

I don't necissarily need it, would safety still work? And would connecting the two triggers be easier

4. Uller

Uller Well-Known Member

Topeka
    Im going through exactly the same problem your going through with my own bulpup build.I am going to use a mechanical linkage to connect the relocated trigger,to the trigger shuttle in the GB of my gun

In essense,a rod will be connected to my relocated trigger by a simple pin.The rods other end will go through the lower front side of my GB,and end in a block.When the trigger is pulled,the rod is pulled forwards,and the block on its end makes contact with the trigger shuttle,engaging it.This system can be made to work with a micro switch like in an ASCU controller.

I have yet to build this portion of the project,as im currently working on the chassis for mine.

5. joefoesho13

joefoesho13 New Member

Nice that sounds quite complicated however I may try something
    Similar I was thinking of trying to connect the two triggers directly with a rod and a couple of connectors. However I don't think I'm going to do that. Still unsure of how to do it.

6. Uller

Uller Well-Known Member

Topeka
    No not really.Im basing my bulpup off a G3,so far the most labor intensive part of building mine is the chassis.I didnt want mine to look as if a pistol grip and trigger was grafted to the hand guard,and a rudimentary butpad was applied.It is for this reason I chose to build a chassis.Im making mine from 1/8in fibre board im going to cover in layers of fibre glass layed down in 45 degree angles to each other for strength.This method will eliminate the sculpting you will have to do with your bondo,and mine will be far stronger and lighter.

7. joefoesho13

joefoesho13 New Member

Hm not a bad idea I don't really plan do to much sculpting the stock will be primarily abs, I'm just going to use bondo to basically connect panels, I'm
    Considering going to an injection molding place for them to fabricate a stock and hand guard, but I don't have a huge budget soooo

8. soviet

soviet Active Member

Hey joe mighty_mouse is making a bullpup rifle. Lol I don't know how to link on this thing. But if you search AK bullpup.

9. Uller

Uller Well-Known Member

Topeka
    Just remember if you go mechanical linkage you will have to keep the relocated trigger at exactly the same plane as the original trigger in the GB or you run the risk of having to make the linkage more complicated.Use a yard stick to draw a STRAIGHT line on your work space so you can line the parts up prior to assembly.

10. joefoesho13

joefoesho13 New Member

Could I connect the tops of the triggers with a thin wire caple so that when I pull the forward trigger, the cable will pull the top part of the original trigger forward

11. Uller

Uller Well-Known Member

Topeka
    You could,but from my research cables have proven unreliable in comparrison to a rigid linkage system.Atleast in RS rifle conversions.Cables flex,and eventually will stretch,while rods never do this.I intend to essentially do with my rod system what you have just described.

12. joefoesho13

joefoesho13 New Member

Ok I may give that a try first I need to open up the gearbox and see what I can work with