Need help with orange tip

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Maj. Jack Menoff, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Maj. Jack Menoff

Maj. Jack Menoff New Member

Los Angeles
    So recently I order We-Tech m16a1 from evike. It came with the orange tip on and a black 3 lug. Thing is I can seem to get the orange tip off. Can anyone give me advice

2. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    Depends on how the orange tip is secured. Did you check to see if it had a set screw or if it was pinned?

3. Topshotz357

Topshotz357 Well-Known Member

Drexelhill
    Or you might be turning it the wrong direction most are ccw

-Spitfire- likes this.
  4. Maj. Jack Menoff

Los Angeles
    It a negative 17mm so yes ccw

5. Maj. Jack Menoff

Los Angeles
    It's pinned I tried to punch it out but I couldn't see if the pin was coming out in the inside of the barrel or if the pin even had the ability to exit the inside of the barrle. It did come with a small allen wench but I don't see any hex screws on the orange tip

6. Topshotz357

Drexelhill
  7. Maj. Jack Menoff

Los Angeles
    Here they are I'll try to get the inside of it in a bit

Attached Files:

8. Maj. Jack Menoff

Los Angeles
    Hard too see but that the other side of the pin. That bright red dot

Attached Files:

9. Maj. Jack Menoff

Los Angeles
    I gave up and cut it off. Although I never had a chance to punch it out because on this particular gun they seal the hole in the inner barrel. The only way to do it is to drill it or break/melt the tip off.

Topshotz357 likes this.
  10. Topshotz357

Drexelhill
    Dam son

11. Kurn'la

Kurn'la Member

Warsaw
    um not to be a jerk or anything but I feel compelled to point out it's actually federally illegal to take the red muzzle off an airsoft gun, and honestly not very smart or healthy!, especially with all the hysteria going around right now, it could even be a deadly mistake. at the very least it could be confiscated by police if they come across you with it or are called by someone thinking it's a real steel weapon. I can't speak for others but I personally would not take the red muzzle off an airsoft gun ever. it's too risky and the last thing I (or any of you) need is legal trouble because you got caught with an airsoft gun that had it's red muzzle removed. and that's not counting the risk of getting shot and wounded or even killed because of not having it on. somebody see's you with it and they get scared not realizing they call the cops, the cops show up and see you with it and one thing leads to another and best case it's confiscated, absolute worst case they (cops) get scared and shoot thinking it's a real steel weapon and you end up with a bullet in ya PLEASE every-one be smart and leave the red muzzles on them! they're there for your safety so PLEASE keep them orange/ red. the last thing anyone needs is for anyone to be stupid and get hurt or worse. both for airsoft in general but especially for your own safety.

12. PoisonBoost

PoisonBoost Member

You sir are wrong. You have to SELL the gun with an orange tip after that you can go ahead and spray paint it unicorn for all I care. Granted it is a good idea to have an orange tip most people remove them.

13. Kurn'la

Kurn'la Member

Warsaw
    I was pretty certain that the law was you had to have them even after purchase of course I could be mistaken I admit as I am not a lawyer. still I hope everyone will reconsider taking them off if only because I know that no one wants to get hurt by a mistake. I certainly do not want anyone to be hurt! which is why I posted, I want to do right by people and help keep any-one from getting into any kind of trouble whether legality or worse as best I can. I know others will make choices regardless but at least I can try to help them make the right ones. as for the rest... well it's their call what they do or don't do as case may be.

14. Tackleberry6

Tackleberry6 Active Member

Old bridge
    As long as you are not walking around your neighborhood with your gun out you are just fine removing the orange tip. Its not required at the fields i play at and anytime im transporting my gun its always in a gun case so the public will not see what im carrying. Just be smart about it and you will be just fine.

-Spitfire- and Topshotz357 like this.
  15. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    There is no "law" mandating orange tips. It is just an importation "Regulation".

Rather one should have the knowledge to no brandish these items in public.

-Spitfire- likes this.
  16. Maj. Jack Menoff

Los Angeles
    1) I have two flash hiders one that plain the other I painted orange.
    2) I transport in a bag those evike ones and my rifle has a red bag over the barrel while the orange tip is attached. I hope soon I'll get a TSA approved gun case.
    3) Just have common sense when taking off the orange tip, some states don't require it. Here in California you do need it and the tape rule.

17. NorsemanSDD

NorsemanSDD Well-Known Member

Rice
    Do you like play AIRSOFT!?? Everyone takes them off. Play responsibly and you will not have any problems with law enforcement making snap judgements about what you have in your hands.

18. Topshotz357

Drexelhill
    California sucks when it comes to anything guns real or toys i mean replicas

19. Maj. Jack Menoff

Los Angeles
    Well at least it not New York. I guess the only benefit would be painting CSGO skins. But here in California gun laws can always get worse somehow it's kinda surprising.

Topshotz357 likes this.
  20. PoisonBoost

PoisonBoost Member

I was thinking the same thing. Some mom getting on our forum complaining.

NorsemanSDD likes this.