Need help with scout loadout?

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by matthewzguitarz, Sep 4, 2012.

1. matthewzguitarz

matthewzguitarz New Member

anza
    Sorry if this is wrong section. But yeah I need help with a scout loadout, I currently have some woodland BDUs and a hydration pack thing. So I'm wondering what kind of gun to get and what kind of gear, I have a budget of 200-300 dollars for everything. Also I heard that it would be better to get digital camo? Also I play on fields so I'm thinking a mid-long range gun?

2. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    The camo color is completely related to the field you play on.
    What type load out are you looking for? What type gun and sidearm do you have?

Also please check out the threads in the Clothing and Gear section. A scout is basically a sniper in terms of gear.

3. matthewzguitarz

anza
    I don't have a gun anymore so I'm wondering what type I should get?

4. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    The CM032 m14 is a great choice for your role.

5. UsMc-alltheway

UsMc-alltheway New Member

Tampa
    And it's fairly easy to upgrade if you chose too.

6. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    If your looking to be a "scout" than you should look into a lower profile rig like a Chest rig or belt rig so you are light and mobile as possible.

7. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    There's no such thing as a "scout". Especially in Airsoft. What you're thinking is sniper, or a DMR. You have two choices: Ghillie, or standard. You'll want a light rig, such as an RRV, which can give you just as much as a plate carrier can, but is lighter, and doesn't come with a back (Separately purchased).

8. blue2014

blue2014 New Member

It's actually more complicated then the other gearboxes. There are also lots of steps just to get to the gearbox.

9. UsMc-alltheway

Tampa
    Yeah but I just get a tech to do it haha so it's easy for me;)

10. matthewzguitarz

anza
    Yeah think I will get the m14 because I have been looking at an aeg for awhile now. And by scout I kinda meant like the cavalry scouts in the army?

11. UsMc-alltheway

Tampa
    Make sure to get a new battery with the m14 because the stock battery is crap.

12. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    That's not true at all. I use a scout on my team as well as a sniper and DMR. He goes ahead of my main unit opposite of my sniper and relays intel on the enemy but doesn't engage unless he was no other option. But he uses a Mp5 and a small satchel with extra mags and supplies so he is super light weight.

13. matthewzguitarz

anza
    So the m14 is light and still is good in combat right? For some reason I'm thinking my team will have me scout and snipe until we get a sniper. Also I'm guessing it would be a good idea to get a set of walkie talkies?

14. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    That would also be a great idea

15. UsMc-alltheway

Tampa
    Ehhh I have it and it weighs about 8 pounds.

16. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    It weighs about 8 pounds but kind of front heavy. It is very good in combat being one of the most accurate stock rifles I've seen. But walkie talkies would be very good for your role.

17. UsMc-alltheway

Tampa
    Secondly watch your selector switch...it's pot metal and will fall off, third don't play with the charging handle too much, it will most likely break.

18. matthewzguitarz

anza
    Yeah have heard the charging handle breaks, will probably keep the gun on safe/semi most of the time. But wondering, long or short version? Also have been told to get some ninchuck 9.6v battery or something like that?

19. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Both the short and long are the same internally, but with a longer barrel on the long version.

20. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    I honestly condone this "scout". If you really want it though, get the M14, get a nice scope, and a few internals, like the barrel, hop up, and really get that air seal tight. Do the floss mod, and wrap teflon tape around the barrel to reduce vibrations.