1. Dusty_ArmyOfTwoAirsoft

Dusty_ArmyOfTwoAirsoft New Member

Crete
    Hey guys, I'm hoping you guys can help me. I'm buying my friends gun that i know needs repairs but im getting it fairly cheap so im hoping its a simple and easy repair. Its an Echo1 Sob1 and the last time my friend used it it would shoot full auto all the time and never stop shooting until he manually put it on safety or unplugged the battery. I think it has something to with a broken trigger contact? Can anyone help or know how i can fix it? Thank you! any help is appreciated!

2. snapshot311

snapshot311 New Member

Woodbury
    Sounds like a combination of cutoff lever (stuck in full auto) and trigger contact shuttle, which is moved by the cut off lever. Could be very easy and cheap if you know your way around a gearbox.

3. TJames24

TJames24 New Member

Try opening the gearbox and see if anything is wrong, idk much about internals but that's my best guess...

4. Dusty_ArmyOfTwoAirsoft

Dusty_ArmyOfTwoAirsoft New Member

Crete
    I am fairly new to the gearbox thing although i can get to the gearbox and mess with it, im just not too good at it yet. I was hoping it would be an easy fix as i live in an area with no techs nearby at all. He'll let me check it out so I hope i can fix it and then buy it.

5. NeoAugAU-3G

NeoAugAU-3G Active Member

Las Vegas
    No way of knowing without getting into the gearbox, could be as simple as the trigger return spring. If you can post pics of the opened gearbox we can help you further.

6. theeairsoftgod

theeairsoftgod Member

Yeah it can be a large number of things, open up and inspect. You can test easily if it's fixed before reassembling clearly. No mosfet right?

7. snapshot311

snapshot311 New Member

Woodbury
    Dusty, go to lowes or home depot and get a mini screwdriver set, a small kit of standard and metric Allen keys, a long neck flat head and a long neck Philips head.

Lay out a towel or mat when you have some time and look up the gun disassembly on YouTube. Many videos have disassembly/reassembly of the entire AEG, some are gearbox only, the stickies here have great info.

Take your time. You will be ok.

1st timer tip. The bevel gear is the one that makes contact with your motor. There is a latch called the anti reversal latch, which makes contact with this gear which holds back the tension of the spring and prevents the gear from pushing back against the motor. Spin the bevel gear with a small flathead until you hear the spring decompress and pop the piston forward.

As long as you do that first, the gearbox shouldn't blow up in your face. What I like to do once the screws are out and I start to pry the shells apart is lightly tap the bushings out of the top shell so that they stay on the gears. This will HELP in not misplacing or losing the shims. I wrap tape around bearing/shims/gears when I have a gearbox open just to be safe.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015