Need helping finding a part

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Kulprit, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Kulprit

Kulprit New Member

Hey guys, not sure if this is posted to the right forum, if incorrect I apologize.

I am rather new to Airsoft in general and I want to start doing some modifications to my G&P M4.

What I'd like to do is convert it over to an M18 mod 1 with the DD Rail system etc. From what I have gathered in my research though I need a special barrel nut for the G&P as it's a little off.

Problem is I can't find this thing ANYWHERE! I've been looking for a solid week to no luck. It seems to be out of stock everywhere I can find.

Here is the part I am looking for to give you a better idea:
    http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/madbull-dd-rail-barrel-nut-for-gandp-metal-m4-reciever.html

If anyone can help me track one down I'd be incredibly greatful. Just figured you guys with more experience might have a better idea of good vendors to check.

2. Kulprit

Kulprit New Member

Bump for another try, still having no luck finding the part

3. bal1

bal1 New Member

I would wait until they have the item in stock or just contact ehobby.

4. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    That part is in ridiculously high demand. MK18 mod1s are hot right now because everybody wants to do a SEAL kit (just look at all the SEAL threads on this board) and G&P makes some of the more accurate and better looking colt receivers. So that means a lot of people are buying G&P ARs and putting DDII rail system on. That part is out of stock all the time because everybody wants one. Your best bet is either to buy a VFC instead of a G&P if you haven't bought already (VFC makes an mk18 mod1 already built that looks great, by the way), or find a place where you can order the part while its on backorder and just wait for it to come in.

5. Kulprit

Kulprit New Member

Believe it or not Knief this actually makes me feel better as I was worried that part wasn't in production anymore. If it's just a seeking one out and finding it then I will get the job done! lol

I have already purchased the G&P and love it thus far. If I had to do it all over again I may have gone the VFC 416 route that you have, nice gun. But I am not unhappy at all.