Need some help for my dboys full metal m4.

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by RangerWerty, Dec 13, 2012.

1. RangerWerty

RangerWerty New Member

When I switch my firing switch to semi it fires full auto does anybody know how i would fix that?

2. dmrwolf

dmrwolf New Member

virginia beach
    Its either the selector plate, or it could have something to do with the cut off lever. I dunno. Have a tech look at it? Or do it yourself if you know how. Maybe even check the selctor plate spring?

3. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    I dunno isn't a good thing to say when giving advice. Just a warning, you will be flamed here for saying that. Also, selector plate spring? I am confused there....

OP, look at the selector plate. 5 times outa 10 it is that. If it isn't that, next look for any frayed wires, or places where wires are touching and shouldnt. Then take a look at the cutoff lever. It could be the spring in there.

4. dmrwolf

dmrwolf New Member

virginia beach
    The cut off lever spring, sorry. Didn't properly name it. My fault. And sorry for the " I dunno." But yes. Most of the time its the selector plate.

5. RangerWerty

RangerWerty New Member

Im going to try to figure it out. Im just starting to look at how the guns work and how to upgrade them so thanks for giving me some information : ) im a noob.

6. RangerWerty

RangerWerty New Member

At this kinda of stuff

7. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    You can shoot me a PM or make a thread if you need help. Just make sure you do some research before you ask questions. Spoonfeeding is frowned upon lately. By the way, you can edit posts so there's no need to double post. If you're using the iPhone app, there's a guide here: http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f4/guide-how-use-iphone-app-65563/. There edit button on the browser is found at the bottom of your posts near the "QUOTE" button. Anyways, like I said, shoot me a PM if you need help with it.

8. RangerWerty

RangerWerty New Member

Ok thanks for the help.

9. dmrwolf

dmrwolf New Member

virginia beach
    Spoon feeding is not preferred buy like he said, if you need thehelp, just give someone here a shout. Ill be here so yeah. And you're not a noob. You're a newb. Big difference lol.