Need some help

Discussion in 'Spring Powered Guns' started by jon_wallace95, Nov 29, 2012.

1. jon_wallace95

jon_wallace95 Well-Known Member

I Am looking for a part or my airsoft gun, forgive my lack of correct terminology, but I can describe the part, it is a little rubber cylindrical part that connects the barrel to the bolt assembly, it creates pressure behind the bb, the one that came with my gun is too small to allow the bb to fire out of the gun.

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    It would help if you told us what gun you have. Pictures would also be fantastic.

3. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    Sounds like your talking about the hop up.

4. jon_wallace95

I have a cyma bolt action sniper rifle, I'm not sure what model, i don't think it's a hop up

5. jon_wallace95

I don't have a picture, but I found the name of it, someone said it is a rubber o ring collar, it fits on the part of the barrel that goes into the firing mech, I'm pretty sure it is an o ring

Edit: I was wrong, it's not an o ring, I'm not sure the name of it, it is a little rubber part that fits on the innermost part of the barrel, and it prevents the bb from rolling out of the front of the gun.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  6. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    Yes, that would be your hopup. You need a replacement for it?

7. jon_wallace95

I'll post a picture of the part later when I get home so we can be sure it's that, don't want to order anything I dont need

8. Devgru98

Polo
    That is the hopup, I'm sure of it. We need to know what sniper rifle you have though.

9. jon_wallace95

It's a cyma, it's zm51 I think? Not sure, got it as a gift

10. jon_wallace95

Ok, here is the picture, the left is towards the stock, the right the muzzle.
    The second and third pictures are close ups of the part I need to replace.

Attached Files:

11. Devgru98

Polo
    That's your hop-up bucking. Why does it need to be replaced?

12. jon_wallace95

This is the one that came with the gun, the issue is it is too small, the bb gets stuck in it, so I trie stretching it out a little, well that worked for about a day then it either folded in or shrank again requiring me to take it apart and redo the process.

Edit: the gun works without it, but the fps drops dramatically, the accuracy is reduced to none, and the range less than half of with it in.

13. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    I might have one I pulled off of an old springer

14. jon_wallace95

Would you be willing to send it to me? In the spirit of the holiday season to help a fellow airsofter?

15. Devgru98

Polo
    Have you used silicone oil on it? That might be your problem.

16. jon_wallace95

I haven't oiled or greased anything on it

17. EuroGirl

EuroGirl New Member

A little lube goes a long way. Lmfao but seriously it's good to have any moving mechanical parts to be properly lubed up.

18. jon_wallace95

All the moving parts still have the factory lube on it, I have only shot 7 mags out of this thing. It's the bucking that is the problem, I take it out, it shoots, it's terrible but shoots, I put it in and the bb gets stuck in the bucking

19. jon_wallace95

Now that I think about it I still have my first aeg, crossman gravity fed mp5, think there is a bucking I can pull out of that?

20. jon_wallace95

The part that needs replacing is the one in the middle, it is soft rubber and perfectly round, the grove is on the barrel, the part I need is like an air seal in the hop up