Need some insight guys

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by jon_wallace95, Nov 20, 2012.

1. jon_wallace95

jon_wallace95 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  2. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    if your on a budget, find a way to get a JG s-system or a combat machine. both are great rifles and can be upgraded down the road easily and fairly cheap

3. jon_wallace95

Between the jg and combat machine which would you recommend? Which has higher fps, range and available parts?

4. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    The Stryke series are COMPLETELY plastic. Buffer tube and outer barrel too. I believe they are worse than lancer. Trust me, personal experience there.

5. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Ugh. Yeah. Go with a JG or a DBoys... Or any Chinese gun for that matter :) lol

The STRYKE series is pretty much a "Nerf" gun on steroids lol.

Compared to other AEG's, it's pretty low end.

It's a SRC OEM gun. Strictly plastic externals and SRC internals. Airsoft Megastore special lol xD

6. jon_wallace95

Between jg, g&g, and dboys which do you guys recommend the most? I will be getting the version with the rails, and preferably a removable carry handle.

7. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    Thats all personal experience. I had my G&G for a year without a single problem before I saved up for my VFC SCAR. Other people have had G&G that break after a couple months. I have personally seen a JG break after 3 months but I have seen them last for a year as well.
    They are the same quality and to me its all personal preference or looks. They both are up-gradable with the exact same parts since they use the same GB. But most say the JG has slightly better internals so I say go with that

8. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    I'd take the G&G or JG. I personally hate DBoys besides their 416's. The magwells don't fit ANYTHING besides DBoys and JG. Lancer is better than Stryke, LoL

9. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Well its an AMS special so of course lancer will be better. Not according to them though. :D I'd go with the JG over the G&G, its no secret that G&G has its problems, even though some people haven't had those problems.

10. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Overall for a M4 model I'd suggest a JG or AGM. I've seen a higher ratio of them lasting longer then others. We abuse them as rentals and they've held up for over 2 years.

G&G is a third choice. But the cheapest priced gun. Average gun for the budget. But you'll still be taking your chances.

DBoys is alright. Little heavy for the cast pot metal. Internals are ok. But I've seen a higher fail rate then the 2 brands above. Plastic hop up is terrible lol.

A&K have pretty nice externals. But internals have a pretty high fail rate. Seen these a lot more then others in the broken pile along with the DBoys. But there M249 and M60 series weirdly last a little longer internally lol.

Everything else is a little higher in price. And you get what you pay for.
    All else fails, look for something used locally.

11. jon_wallace95

Jg s system m4 2010 edition? $117 + $18 shipping, has anyone seen any deals better?

12. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Active Member

Meadville
    Don't get the S-system unless you want to be tired after an hour, go with standard M4 with an RIS, JG has one for $150 on Evike, and they have an 18% off code all the time, that's your best bet, I have 2 JGs and the quality is pretty good, would suggest some black paint for the recievers though, that gray plastic is ugly IMO

13. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    Certainly go with a JG. AVOID MEGASTORE AT All COSTS! I have had a DBoys for three years. Hasn't failed me yet, I've done tons of internal and external upgrades. My DBoys M4A1 has taken beating after beating, has a metal hopup (in response to the plastic comment earlier), and is still going strong. If you are gonna complain about the weight of a pot metal gun (pot metal on this isn't all that bad actually) you need to build some muscle. HOWEVER, I have heard plenty of stories about DBoys failing, so I would go with a JG, but if you want some internal and external durability, and with a little bit of internal work the makings of a great gun, then a DBoys is for you.
    I recommend a JG.

14. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Active Member

Meadville
    As stated before, I have had a JG S-system, and it was REALLY heavy, hovering around 10 or 11 pounds, so I built it into this

And after a while (and the gift of an RIS from a friend) has turned into this godly beast, so I you want the S-system ad don't mind the weight, go for it, if you want something lighter get a standard M4 with rails

Attached Files:

15. jon_wallace95

Can anyone tell me the cheapest jg m4? Even if it has standard round hand guard I can always change that out

16. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
  17. jon_wallace95

18. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    Ahh makes sense. Evike and GI all the way! AMS may have good looking prices but customer service is bad. I would go with GI if I were you.

19. jon_wallace95

Does GI have any promo codes?

20. Shadow_Ops99

Shadow_Ops99 New Member

My Jg m4 S-System shoots 412fps out of the box