Need some quick help picking between these 4 ak's

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Charlie, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Charlie

Charlie New Member

Watertown
    Alright I need some help choosing between these 4 guns. I am mostly playing on private fields so fps is not that big of deal. I play field so I would want a decently ranged gun and good externals and internals. If you have a better gun that I did not list here please say so. I am only looking a AK based guns.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_206&products_id=9163

http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?cPath=408_415&products_id=5742

http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?cPath=408_416&products_id=5561

http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_206&products_id=5151

2. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

All of those are good, except the top one. It says it doesn't take standard TM style AK mags. That's a huge no no for me.

3. RCV

RCV New Member

To be honest, DBoy AKs are better in most ways. The whole CYMA ak hype went a little overboar. They have a better design, better externals, and pretty much equal internals.

4. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    I would say all those AK's you've chosen are great. Cyma makes some awesome AK's.

Here's one I've always admired, you may not like it but it gives you some advantages.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_206&products_id=4736

You can have the stock out for longer engagements or fold it when your in tight spots. Plus this gun and the AKs-74U are the most beautiful looking AK style guns I've seen.

5. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    All the AKs except the one on top will have the same performance. You are just choosing the packaging.

6. Charlie

Charlie New Member

Watertown
    Hmm I never hve heard that. I have always heard that dboys have great externals but shady internals? Could I ask for other opinion on this?

7. MasterK

MasterK New Member

Atlanta
    Man, your Avatar is awesome! It's the freakin Russian "La la la" guy.

I would like to mention that for the second one, that foregrip is not comfotable. It's too wide. That was mine and my buddy's experience anyway.

8. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    Owned both the Cyma O48 and 048M (though my was the AKMS version with the folding stock) both are great guns since they use the same internals. I would say go with the AKM since Nam soft is awesome :D.

9. Adman234

Adman234 Active Member

Wildwood
    I vote for the AKM.

The 048, I don't like the flash hider and 74 style mags.

The dboys, its NOT a WS model, so I would stay away.

The romanian model has a worse design than the 048 series.

10. Foxhound_Operator

Foxhound_Operator New Member

Sandy Egos
    In my opinion, I've been a big fan of the Romanian style AK (I have an AMD, I love the weird foregrip look lol). A friend of mine had his for years and he's very pleased with his purchase. From what he's said, it's reliable and is a solid piece of kit. As for the others, they all look very smexy.

11. Charlie

Charlie New Member

Watertown
    I agree with you on that, but the thing holding me back is that I like the darker styled wood on the 74 other than the brighter wood on the AKM. Are the different colors only from the pictures? Or are they actually different colors?

12. Adman234

Adman234 Active Member

Wildwood
    Mine were different colors. But I like the lighter wood, you can always easily stain and refinish it.

13. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    Like Adman said it is lighter on the AKM but I also liked the look of it. Though I did redo mine since I like personalizing my guns.

14. Charlie

Charlie New Member

Watertown
    Ninja edit!! If you saw what I posted forget it I got my answere. But I do have one more Q, I see a lot of magazines for ak's in the color of plum. On my screen I can't really see the difference it just look like black. Is the color plum even that noticeable in real life? And if not does it even look any good?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  15. Adman234

Adman234 Active Member

Wildwood
    Yep, they fit just fine.

Just don't let shifty see! :D

16. Charlie

Charlie New Member

Watertown
    Hahaha thanks! And I know about that, if I ever post a pic, I'll be sure to not have a mag in.:D

17. Shiftyshooter

Prague
    Actually, plum magazines are pretty nice. I do have a couple myself for my AKS-74.

18. Charlie

Charlie New Member

Watertown
    Oh, ok alright thanks. I think I have an idea of what I will do now. Thank everyone! And on a side note, shifty what brand is you AKS-74

19. Shiftyshooter

Prague
    Originally? CYMA. Today? Who knows. I am not the one working on the upgrades.

20. G36Cairsoftking

G36Cairsoftking New Member

Rome
    I would get no of them just saying because for the price your paying you can get better