Need some recommendations on what to upgrade in a stock kwa m4

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Snoopdawg77, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Snoopdawg77

Snoopdawg77 New Member

hey guys, I want to get an idea of what all I can do to this gun to increase accuracy, and maybe bump out a few more fps. Let me know of any good parts/part combos that would help me achieve this, thanks:cool:

2. thuperman15

thuperman15 New Member

For accuracy do a little research on rhop/ flat hop, for Fps look up various compression mods, also"achieving 100% gearbox airseal" that should hey you started and keep expenses pretty low

3. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    From my experience, it's worth checking what cylinder you have and making sure it has the correct volume for your barrel length. KWA have a habit of getting that wrong with some of their guns. Change your piston head for a ported one. Other than that KWA actually have very decent compression. To make sure just manually push the piston through the cylinder blocking the nozzle with your thumb and look for resistance. If it stops the piston after it has passed the cylinder port, you got solid compression.

Personally I like the 2GX bucking, but R-hops are the superior upgrade when it comes to range and accuracy so it'll be good to look into it. Just to clarify any misconception you might have, fps does not = range.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  4. Snoopdawg77

Snoopdawg77 New Member

Thanks for the ideas guys, i was thinking about getting a 509/510mm 6.03 madbull tbb and getting a barrel extension/mock suppressor to cover up the extra 115mm of barrel that will be coming out past the original outer barrel, any other ideas on barrels or suppressors? i think i will probably check compression and see if a new piston head would help, and i think i wanna get a new hop up system for it. Also, i've heard the kwa gearset can handle up to about an m150 spring, i was tossing around maybe getting an m140 for it? Any thoughts on that?

5. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    Madbull barrels are probably the best far buck, and are good, but if you have the money you'd be better off with a prommy EG barrel. The mock surpressor you get is entirely down to aesthetics...they're all pretty similar.

6. Snoopdawg77

Snoopdawg77 New Member

K thanks alot guys, helped a bunch:)