Need Suppressor/Adapter Recommendations for AGF Mini M5906

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by MossCamo, Jun 23, 2018.

1. MossCamo

MossCamo New Member

Thread title, basically.

I'm looking for either a Silencer or Adapter for a Mini M5906, but I can't seem to find any good results.

Pistol in question:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/cGEAAOSwdPtawqx8/s-l300.jpg

Muzzle Dimensions:

Inner Diameter (Has 2 horizontal outward-eminating notches, likely threaded inside): 9 mm
    Outer Diameter (Smooth): 12 mm
    Length: 8 mm

Recommendations?

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    None....no one makes items miniaturized for a Korean Springer.

[​IMG]

You will have to adapt one yourself.

You could in theory adapt this one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/141871394986

The adapter is 11mm, which is the diameter of the thread. San that down plus a bit and you can most likely press fit and then the can that is supplied it low profile so you can still use your sight.

3. MossCamo

MossCamo New Member

I see. I was afraid of that, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised, considering it's a Mini (Closest one I could find in shape and size to an S&W Model 39 Pistol, though).

So what you're saying is I should sand down the adapter's pistol bit until the total diameter is 8 mm, and then fit it inside the M5906?

4. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
  5. MossCamo

MossCamo New Member

3 figures? Lol no. I'll stick with the adapter and the sanding, thank you very much.

Besides, the lack of casings is more in line for the very obvious thing I'm trying to go for.

On that note: Any sanding tips that you can offer - what grade of sandpaper, technique, when should I stop, etc.

6. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Put the adapter in a vise after you protect the finish with electrical tape.

Then use a sanding cloth like this:

[​IMG]

It allows you to pull and get a nice even finish. As for how much...that is all on you. For you are the first to adapt a device to a Mini.

7. MossCamo

MossCamo New Member

Ok, after getting the Silencer and Adapter, along with some electrical tape and coarse sand paper, I cut off a small, thin stretch of it and rolled it around the Gun end after I taped up the Silencer end.

I rolled the sandpaper around for about 10 minutes with my bare hands (I have no access to a vice) and managed to achieve some progress, but it seems like it might be a while until I can file it down to size.

With all that in mind, how badly did I screw up and why?

8. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Doesn't sound like you messed up...did you file all the material away on one side?

9. MossCamo

MossCamo New Member

No, I rotated it thoroughly, I just wasn't sure if I was following your suggestions exactly as described.

That being said, I'm not sure if I'll able to sand it down to size - the Gun end of the Adapter is thin enough, and if I were to sand it as much as possible, the Gun end would probably be destroyed.

Is there something I can stick into the Gun end whole that would fit while still being thick enough to be sandeable down to 8 mm in Outer Diameter thickness?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  10. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    No, don't sand the gun...just sand the adapter.

Do you have a caliper to measure the ID of the outer barrel and to check if there is enough material on the adapter to sand to fit?

11. MossCamo

MossCamo New Member

No, and I don't think I need it - I can already tell sanding it is a dead-end. That being said, there is a silver lining.

I managed to find a socket wrench, well, socket that's small enough to nicely fit into the business end.

Unfortunately, the hole is way too small for a regular-sized BB to fit through, but I'll cross that bridge later (Some fine inner sanding should solve this).

That being said, is there an adapter that can accommodate a slightly larger diameter? 14 mm to 9 or 10 mm? Would something like this work: https://www.evike.com/products/69756/

P.S. I'll post some pics of my progress soon.