Featured need to lower fps on Cybergun licensed p90 (question)

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by diddly dee, Jan 13, 2022.

1. diddly dee

diddly dee New Member

dallas
    I recently bought the cybergun FN herstal p90. Shoots a little too much for my fields and am looking for a way to get fps under 300. looked into an M80 spring but wasnt sure if that would work because i dont know much about the parts.
    couldnt find a ton of info on the parts but i do know it has a V6 gearbox (full metal fully upgradeable), a long type motor, and a 290mm lenght inner barrel

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    M80 does not exist.

If that did exist it would render your AEG with a pitiful ROF to prevent PME.

The simplest way to cut speed with your AEG is to reduce barrel length. Reducing that barrel to under 190mm should get you close to your desired FPS of 300..

CYB also uses low grade springs. The tension will soften over a short period too, especially if left in a compressed stated after use in FA mode.

mr. potatohead likes this.

3. Ben3721

Ben3721 Well-Known Member

I worked on one of these guns the other day, it was incredibly easy to get the gearbox out and to open it. You'll need to clip a soft spring to get your fps goal, but keep the rps low so you don't pme the piston.

The internals of that aeg aren't too bad at least.

4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    P90 Mechbox are as easy as AUG mechboxes to get out.

5. diddly dee

diddly dee New Member

dallas
    reducing the inner barrel would make it stop inside the aeg, this is alright?

6. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Having the inner barrel be shorter than the outer barrel is not an issue if it's aligned correctly.

G&G ARP 9 is such an AEG.

M120 class spring to allow high rps under a 3S LIPO to prevent PME.

Yet stock barrel is ~150mm.

diddly dee likes this.
  7. Graybeard

Graybeard Active Member

Silver Spring
  8. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Pre-Mature Engagement - Specifically when the sector gear is coming back around to try and pick up the piston to wind it back before the piston has finished it stroke. Most common when you run an AEG outside of it's spec in high ROF without doing the proper system prep.

Of if you use a "weak" spring and your AEG your AEG is running under normal speeds...thus the issue with a M80 spring.

A PME'd piston.

[​IMG]

9. diddly dee

diddly dee New Member

dallas
    any reccomended barrels? also would replacing the barrel cause PME or other problems if done correctly

10. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Barrel changes have no bearing on mechbox function. This is how you can lower FPS to "prevent" PME inside the mechbox.

Many people are going Maple Leaf Hybrid. For this kind of setup...

11. Ben3721

Ben3721 Well-Known Member

I don't thing you can install a much shorter barrel in this p90, maybe a inch or two but that's about it.

12. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Oh that's right...P90, duh.

What is the fps your getting now with .20g?

13. diddly dee

diddly dee New Member

dallas
    aro
    about 400 with .20

14. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    If you have a cylinder with a hole in it...Type 2, reverse it. That should knock you down to the high 280s...if not middle 200's. If not a Type 3 cylinder will reduce air pressure...thus dropping your fps also.

15. Graybeard

Graybeard Active Member

Silver Spring
    He said it has a 290 mm inner…..what problems would there be with going shorter?

16. diddly dee

diddly dee New Member

dallas
    what do you mean by reverse the cylinder? Not sure if this helps but I have a V6 gearbox which I may have forgot to mention.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022 at 1:59 AM
  17. diddly dee

diddly dee New Member

dallas
    Forgot to say that the chronograph for under 300fps is done with .25's

18. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    P90 all have V6 mechboxes, but that is not an issue.

Reverse the cylinder means, you put it in backwards.

upload_2022-1-14_9-1-15.png

^Type 3 Cylinder, based on hole position the point, points to the front. If you reverse it. The cylinder has less air capacity, thus your pressure wave will be smaller and your bb slows down.

This isn't a large drop that you need. Reversing your stock cylinder may give you this performance decrease or swapping down to a 190mm barrel will definitely put you near your speed limit and you won't need to modify your mechbox.

19. diddly dee

diddly dee New Member

dallas
    thanks for all your help, it really helped

20. diddly dee

diddly dee New Member

dallas
    just tried putting the cylinder in backwards and the bb's dropped about 2 inches from the barrel if they even got to the barrel. Also could have been error putting it back together, would reversing the cylinder do this or do i have another issue i just made. (edit) I made an issue

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022 at 3:37 PM