need to lower fps with out changing spring

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by deadeye, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadeye

deadeye New Member

in between chicago and milwakee
    hey i just ordered a g&p m4, and a hear that out of the box they shoot a little hot, like around 420 fps. my field limit is 400 fps, but i dont want to change the spring in my gun, and i want to enjoy the gun stock for a while before i do any major internal upgrades. right now all i wont to know is if any of you have a few tricks of the trade to break in the spring, or something that will make the gun drop about 20 fps

2. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    You could always go the sleazy route and use heavier BBs. Lol
    Well, I recommend firing it a bit, after a while it should fall down a bit, you could leave the spring compressed, but that will take quite a bit of time.

3. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    I wouldn't do it, but you could file down your air nozzle so it doesn't make perfect seal.

4. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    There is a thread for this right down the list. Sorry

5. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Heavier BBs are the cheater's way.
    Compressing the spring for a few days MIGHT work. You can also fire a few bags of BBs through it to break it in.

Also keep in mind that most fields have a buffer area. As in the limit is 400, but 410 is allowable because most guns shoot a little hotter until they're broken in.

I'd compress the spring first, then see where that leave you.

OP has been linked
    --CLOSED--

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.